1. Acknowledged living with debt is the pits.
2. Educated ourselves: Read The Total Money Makeover by @daveramsey and took Financial Peace University, a 9 week course by Dave on how to pay off debt the good old fashion way.
3. Worked. Our. Buns. Off. Between the two of us we have worked over 10 different jobs in the past 4 years, lots of different side hustles and second jobs.
4. Celebrated our milestones: we share one rootbeer for every loan paid off and other goals accomplished along the way.
5. Gave each other lots of hugs and passed the tissues when needed. Yep, there have been lots of tears over these past 4+ years: tears of sadness, frustration, shame, anger, and joy to name a few. Paying off debt is an emotional ride.
6. Just kept at it. No matter the curve balls life has thrown our way, illness, moving, job transitions, baby, we have just stuck to the plan. Every dollar really does count.
7. Kept life simple: Homemade meals, taking lunch to work, minimized travel/vacations, grew our own produce in the garden, commute to work on bikes, mended our clothing.
8. We have a dedicated budget meeting every month. We sit down face to face before the start of each month and talk about the plan for every dollar that will come our way.
53 6365:32 AM Jan 7, 2019
Someone get Forbes on the phone cause ya girl’s net worth is no longer in the red 🤣🤣🤣 for real though this is the biggest accomplishment of my little life so far and I have some thoughts to share if you’re interested:
• 20k of this was interest. Twenty thousand dollars!!! Which accrued in three years!!! On federal loans!!! This is insane to me. You’re welcome federal government for the gently used Prius you can now afford because of me 🤪 It makes me physically ill thinking about how much would have accrued if I would have taken my entire 10 year repayment term. •
• I could have done this in literally half the time if I’d found Dave Ramsey sooner. I feel like some people dissuade you from thinking things like that are possible but it really really can be if you’re willing to work hard and make the right sacrifices (e.g. living with your parents and commuting 100 miles round trip on the 5 every day for two years, among many others) (but like shoutout to M+D for allowing me to remain under their roof for so long).
• The biggest key for me was getting on a written budget. I overpaid my loans each month from the very beginning, but I didn’t start to make real headway until I figured out where all my money was going and how I could tighten things up.
• Beyond grateful for all my friends and family who have patiently listened to me talk about nothing other than personal finance and budgeting for the past six months. For real y’all I am super lucky to have ya.
• If I can do it, so can you! Let me know if you need a cheerleader and I am there 😅
12 MONTHS & I’M DEBT FREE! 🎉
At 24 I never thought this was possible! Saturday was such a beautiful and unexpected day! I was able to pay off my student loans & take engagement photos! Going into our marriage and I’m completely debt free was so important to us! Knowing that I am changing our family tree and being free from debt is the best feeling. No more monthly payments for this girl! 👍🏻So blessed! THANK YOU TO @daveramsey & @rachelcruze YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! ♥️ 📸: @kristenemondphoto
Swipe ➡️➡️ ➡️➡️➡️➡️ to see my victory meal!
Sending off my final payment to debt #1 today was a total confirmation that what I am doing is WERKING!
Though I am 1 paycheck behind (according to my emasculate budget/tracking spreadsheet I created), when I started this thing, I didn’t know that I even had the capacity to create a budget every 2 weeks and TRY to stick to it. But guess what, I HAVE!
All I knew was, I was going to try, give this thing my best and learn in the process and I’ve done just that!!!!!!! Thank you for your support in this journey guys. This community is the bestEST. ✌🏾 & 🥥 oil ❤️😘
Are you sick and tired of living with bad credit? The time to start repairing your credit was yesterday, the next best time to start is today! Go follow @nikkiholland__ and text "Credit Repair" to 310-933-6793. Let her know @Rocsii frank sent you!
Just realized every 10 yrs of my life, there was always recession or economic bubbles happened. Perhaps another recession will happen in my 40s ... Unknown ... may be education aka student loans bubbles or crisis. There are many students unable to pay back their student loans and will definitely have a negative effect on the current economic. The price of going to college are increasing, and yet the wages are not increasing. Anyways, there are many unknown outcomes from all these education bubbles ... such as delaying of purchasing homes, getting married, having kids ...😰😥😥
To those who are borrowing money for schools, please only borrow what you need. 🤗
This morning i freaked our and felt overwhelmed when i realized my entire monthly payment on one of my loans went strictly to interest. I tackle debt using the snowball method and those loans will be near the end of my snowball. Instead of focusing on debts that I won’t get to for over a year i realized that I would be better off spending energy focusing on the debts that I will be attacking sooner in my snowball. Here is a picture of all the debt I am aiming to payoff this year. This journey is hard and focusing on the positive is one of the best ways to keep going! What’s one positive thing on your debt free journey?
Need credit repair? Text “Credit Repair” to 954-706-7037 and let’s get these derogatory items off your credit report. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Turn Post Notifications ON 💯
Like | Tag a Friend | Comment
Follow Me for More Content
Majority of the time we eat clean, whole foods and follow our meal plan, but we're big beer lovers too so tonight we decided to spilt a double IPA to toast to the fact that we are continuing our debt payoff journey by getting part time jobs with our favorite Milwaukee brewery @goodcitybrewing 🍻 Between our full time jobs, and my part time coaching job, we're on an accelerated track to get our loans paid. Our time may become limited in the near future, but we see it as an amazing opportunity to create our best life together ❤️
EAT SIMPLE. .
If you are anything like me, you're really good at making things way more complicated than they need to be #soguitly , with food especially. .
I spend so much time "thinking" about what I can make or cook up, when many times there is something easy and healthy right in front of me. .
since starting my 6 week journey with my virtual community and Shaun T I have been meal prepping more often. I have to say, the creative thinking in me is gettin' better, but I still love to keep it SIMPLE in the kitchen. .
on tonight's menu....a rice cake with some jam and two eggs scrambled and topped with some avocado! .
What was on your menu? 🥑🍇
A fleeting moment of us all sitting together quietly💙
I opened up an account at the bank yesterday for Carter and they asked my occupation...I felt like asking the guy, how many lines do I have?? 🤷🏼♀️ #iwearmanyhats
Primarily I'm a SAHM...but also a per diem physical therapist and virtual fitness mentor👒🎩🎓⛑👑
But here's the thing...being able to contribute financially is huge for me. First off, it's nearly impossible these days to survive on 1 income #salliemaesucks but also, it matters to me to be able to add $$ to our account.💸
And as much as I would love to be a work-from-home PT (no that doesn't exist😂), coaching gives me that opportunity to be able to be home, but also hustle a bit on the side.📲 .
And it feels SOO good!!
Like when someone tells you this is the longest they have ever stuck with working out....it feels amazing!!
When someone tells you they were able to come off blood pressure meds bc of the change in their lifestule, you don't forget that!!!❤️
Coaching has opened up so many doors for me to things I didn't know were possible - like the cruise we are going on in 8 weeks🏝🙌🏼
With things becoming somewhat more stable, I am opening up a new coach mentorship starting in February.
🙋🏼You aren't afraid of a little hard work
👭You enjoy helping other people
☕️You drink coffee
📱You have Wifi
😍You want something more...
If any of those sound like you, click the link in my bio and fill out the form - I will be in touch ASAP. I am opening it up to 4️⃣ ladies ONLY.
And to think, this picture wouldn't have been possible if I never gave coaching a chance...pretty cool full circle moment💙 #thatsahmlife#momofboys#boymama
10 year challenge inspired by @thefrugalrn! In 2009 I was in NJ for a friends wedding when this picture happened 🤣! The hotel was too much money (about $300/night), but I didn’t know better. At the time, I was also making (what I thought was) decent money and living at home NOT SAVING A DIME 💵 🤦🏻♀️. Here’s to the next 10 years of lessons and life! Cheers!
I just have to give a ❤️GIANT CONGRATS❤️ to my fab friend Natalie Craig who has not only paid off over $56,000.00 in student loans (while working a full time job) thanks to her RF business but has also now, alongside her rockstar team, qualified for month 1 to earn her 💃🏼FREE MERCEDES BENZ💃🏼 - and all before her 30th birthday!!! Say what???? Yep - that's for real!!!! CHEERS 🍷🍷🍷TO YOU NATALIE! I couldn't be happier for you and your team! I love that we first met on that trip we earned at The Ritz in Mexico and then got to hang again on another trip we earned this summer in Napa Valley where we strategized to help you come up with the plan to make TODAY your REALITY! And girl... YOU DID IT!!!! It's been so fun staying in touch and bouncing ideas off each other and watching you SLAY YOUR GOALS! I love that you are committed to helping as many other millennials and professionals create a second stream of residual income as you can to help them support the life of their dreams and make it reality like you are doing. I hope your dreams include a gorgeous free ride... because you are on your way to locking this thing down!
Should we head back to Napa 🍇 and celebrate when it's official in a couple more months? Yes. Yes, we should! 🎉 #Travel#Napa#napavalley#mexico#ritzcarlton#theritz#mercedes#benz#workperks#debt#debtfree#studentloans#studentdebt