Today is #PregnancyAndInfantlossAwarenessDay and I feel like it's an important time to share my journey. When I got pregnant the first time, I was very healthy and then I miscarried. It was absolutely heartbreaking. The first time, you never expect it. But after surgery and taking the time to heal, I got pregnant again. We heard the heartbeat and as the weeks went by we began to sigh with relief. And again, I miscarried. I was heartbroken again, broken again. I had no clue if I would ever be able to carry a child to term, that fear is crippling. Going through loss and going through the fear and anxiety of fertility testing made me turn to food. So the third time around, I was terrified the first three months and if I was honest, scared the entire pregnancy. See, going through a miscarriage robs you of some of the joy and happiness of being pregnant. This is an important part of my journey because it's a huge factor in me gaining ~50 Lbs during pregnancy with my son (and at least 10 additional Lbs with my other two). I'm an emotional eater. I eat for comfort in my pain. Once I had my son, I had an extremely hard time breastfeeding. I went through mastitis, supply issues, abscesses, and subsequently, PPD. I just didn't understand. Why was it so hard to get pregnant and now this? So again, I turned to food. That baby weight I lost by having my son slowly started to creep back up. That's why I started @ww - to do something for myself, to feel like myself. And that's why I started this IG, I wanted others to know they aren't alone in their struggles. So if you are going through pregnancy & infant loss, you aren't alone. I'm here with you and I'm here for you. ❤️ I feel your pain and I share in your heartbreak. You are not alone.
Y'all. Yalllllllll. Tonight some friends and I decided to have a #pizzaparty 😂. We all got together, made pizzas, ate, talked, and of course, laughed. I made #2ingredientdough pizza crust and we all brought lots of yummy toppings! See below for how I made my pizza dough. We made lots of pizzas, but this was the only one I could photograph 😬. The others were inhaled to quickly 😂. I used the pizza sauce with the lowest sugar content, @traderjoes lite mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and lots of other good stuff! So so yummy. Praise the Lord for 2 ID 🙌.
I searched tons of posts and recipes and tried the different techniques. Here's what I found worked best for 2ID Pizza Dough, below recipe for two pizzas:
• 1c Gold Medal Self Rising Flour
• 1c FF Greek Yogurt
• Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Mix together spices and flour
3. Add in Greek yogurt and stir together, once stirred enough, get your hands in there and knead the dough.
4. Sprinkle flour on surface and rolling pin, roll out dough to desired consistency.
5. Transfer to pizza pan or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Poke dough several times with a fork.
7. Pre-bake in oven for ~10 minutes (longer for crispier).
8. Remove dough and add desired toppings.
9. Place pizza in oven for 8-10 minutes or longer, depending on your oven and how you like your pizza.
2 183 hours ago
“Now that was some DOWN HOME cooking!” Those were my husbands exact words after dinner tonight. He said it reminded him of his childhood and eating Salisbury Steak TV dinners with the family but better! It’s a lovely feeling when food brings back good memories.❤️
Salisbury Steak (7SP)
1/3c Jasmine Rice (2SP)
Salisbury Steak Recipe
• 1lb Ground Beef, 93% Lean (21SP)
• 1/4c Italian Bread Crumbs (3SP)
• 1 Tbls A1 Steak Sauce (1SP)
• 1 egg
• 1c Mushrooms, sliced
• 1 Small Onion, sliced
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1c Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
• 1c Water
• 6 Tbls McCormick’s Brown Gravy Mix (4SP)
1. In a bowl combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and A1 sauce; mix well and then form into 4 oval shaped patties.
2. Spray a large skillet with oil and heat to medium-high temp. Add patties and cook for 2 minutes on each side then remove from pan.
3. To the same skillet add onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Use a little more spray if needed.
4. Add broth, water and gravy mix to the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Return patties to the pan and simmer 5 more minutes until sauce is thickened and patties are cooked all the way through.
5. Serve with rice or potatoes. Each serving of 1 patty and 1/2c of gravy is 7SP.
5 1653 hours ago
Does it still count as hand-me-downs if it's from your younger sister? Skull shirt courtesy of @unclejessesmull3t 💀
I remember a few years ago she was getting rid of clothes I asked if I could go through them to see if I wanted any. She said none of them would fit me. She was right but I was still shook. Now I am on my way to fitting into all of her old clothes. Black skinny jeans, I'm coming for ya! 🖤
I try to make Monday night a chill cooking night 💆🏼♀️I like to ease into the week with ready made items which is why we usually have pork loin. Tonight we had that with the ALWAYS delicious brussel sprouts & bacon (I could take a bath in that shiz.) But I wanted to try something bread-ish too so I made @skinnytaste Make Over Corn Casserole. O👏🏻 M 👏🏻G👏🏻 I am here for it!! It’s so so good!!! And simple. Greek yogurt and egg whites lighten it up and I just kept thinking I would be a perfect side for thanksgiving!! 4 FSP per serving (15 servings so not bad!) and completely delicious. Recipe linked in my bio! 🌽🍞
I need an opinion!!!! Should I....
1. Retire old medals that I got when I was not so much a runner. I mean, I finished those races but I was so so so much slower and heavier. I'm not totally proud of some of the times or moments.
2. Get a new medal holder.
Real life: the uglier the food, the better it tastes. I’ve been trying to focus on macro counting lately and I have two comments about it:
1. I feared bread after doing so many whole30s
2. I see macros as more of a lifestyle than any other diet or nutrition plan I’ve ever followed. You can have your cake and eat it too which works for me! It’s not a quick fix, I still feel fluffy, but it teaches me about foods and eating a balanced diet full of proteins, fats, AND carbs. I’ve never given it more than a week or two try but I’m hoping over time with consistency and continued learning of macros, that I can find balance and peace of mind with food. We will see! Also - exactly one week and I’m no longer in my 20s😱😬
Dinner!!! Coming in at 7 #sp! The steak was from my @costco haul and was super delicious and quick to make, just heat up in a pan to your liking. The broccoli was steamed in the microwave and the potatoes were a regular/ cauliflower mix, they were ok but for 4 #sp for 1/2 cup I would rather do one of the veggie pastas or real potatoes.
Happy Monday! On my home from work I made a grocery stop at Trader Joe’s. I picked up my go-to frozen items and also got the ingredients for a chicken pesto dish I want to try this week. Here is what I got: ~ Mandarin Orange Chicken (8 points for 1 cup) ~ Reduced quilt Mac n’ cheese (8 points per container)
~ Mini chicken tacos (5 points for 4 tacos)
~ Chicken taquitos (3 points each)
~ Genova pesto (8 points for 1/4 cup)
~ Hold the cone pumpkin ginger (4 points each)
~ Hold the cone chocolate (3 points each)
2 566 hours ago
Hey guys! I just uploaded another full day of eating on WW Freestyle to my YouTube channel 🎥 I really hope you enjoy this vlog! The link is in my bio! Thanks so much for watching ❤
Shrimp salad for lunch today. Counting it as 3 #sp for the dressing and little bit on the crunchies I put on top. 😊
1 336 hours ago
MOTIVATION MONDAY🎉WordSwag is being a little bitch soooo photo on the left is from 2012🙆🏻♀️Not too sure on the exact month🙈BUT—photo on the right is NOW💃🏻The face of insecurity and my stomach in 2012 tho😳 WOOF. 🙈WE ALL START SOMEWHERE THO, RIGHT?!🙃Seriously that part of my life is a BLUR. I just remember all of the hurt and agony. The PAIN of being overweight. Sure lugging around EXTRA weight isn’t easy. There’s the exertion from simple tasks—What sticks out to me the most is how much I used to struggle navigating airports since I just traveled last week. I covered my body NO MATTER THE TEMP👏🏼 I would be DRENCHED walking to my gate carrying my bag—YOU GUYS—last week I traveled in tank tops and mesh leggings and didn’t die💃🏻But there’s also the emotional and mental baggage of being overweight—The anxiety that all eyes are on you CONSTANTLY because you’re overweight was debilitating—That voice telling you 24/7 that you’re not good enough—That you’re a failure—Whatever voice you fuel your brain with WILL RUN YOU—So whatever mess you got going on —It’s up to YOU to clean it up.💯And it starts with your thoughts—I was a legit mess. I own that. I’ve moved on. Worked through it🙌🏼I own that I overdosed on Zoloft—chased my next high with food. Food was my escape. Now running is my therapy🏃🏻♀️LIKE WHAT😳You can always change the story—IT’S TIME TO LEVEL UP🔥Stay tuned🙃
taco soup has been one of my favorite meals since I was a little girl! I would love hearing my mom say we were having it for dinner! since so many of the ingredients are 0 points now, I love it even more! tonight, I had mine with 1oz of tortilla strips (4), a tablespoon of light sour cream (1), and a lime. i’ve been searching for good, low point taco soup recipe, but I never found one that had everything I want in it. so, I created my own. 👇🏼
•1 pound of 99% lean ground turkey
•2 cans of drained black beans
•1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
•1 can of green chilies
•1 bag of frozen corn
•1 can of golden hominy
•1 can of white hominy
•1 medium yellow onion, diced
•32oz unsalted or low sodium beef broth
•1/4 cup of water
•1 ranch dressing mix packet
•1 taco seasoning packet
•brown the ground turkey in a skillet on medium high heat, and add taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup of water.
•once the turkey is browned, add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
•mix well, and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
•top with shredded cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips.
🌟recipe yields 7, 1 cup servings at 1sp each.
🌟you can see my previous grocery haul for some of the ingredients I used.
6 1958 hours ago
Speaking of coffee, I wanted to share my new favorite coffee with you! I received a sample K cup of this 1850 Lantern Glow from @pinchme recently and I’m in love. It makes an awesome iced coffee paired with my vanilla Premier Protein. Sadly that’s my last one as I ran out and my @target was out of stock. For some reason they don’t sell vanilla on their website. #mynewfav#productreviews
Today I made one of my family's favorite meals! The two ingredient dough pizza! I always make 2 pizzas and my husband and I split one, and my kids split the other. I have a whole video on my YouTube channel showing how I make the two ingredient dough pizza, so definitely check there for the details! My serving was 10fsp, and so delicious!
6 45112:12 AM Oct 5, 2018
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY // if you want a quick meal, get a spaghetti squash 😜 like hello, I'm wasting away over here waiting for this beast to roast! 💁🏻 My TJ's was out of delicata *gasp* so SS it was. Can you believe it was my first time?! Andddd I'm a fan!! 💯 Topped with 1/2 Cup of marinara (3fsp), shrimps, orange bell pepper, onion and 2oz TJ's lite Mozzarella(2fsp). 5fsp of yummy goodness right hereeeee! 💛
What's your favorite spaghetti squash dish?! 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼
19 2419:06 PM Oct 2, 2018
#EnchiladaTuesday is a thing right? It’s close enough to tacos! You can find this recipe in my Highlights but I’ll post it again below because it’s THAT good! 🌮🥑😍
Green Chile Enchilada (4SP)
1oz Avocado (1SP)
1/4c Mexican Rice (2SP)
1/2c FF refried Beans (0)
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
• 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (0)
• 7 Mission Yellow Corn extra thin tortillas (9)
• 2- 10 oz. cans Hatch Green Chile Enchilada sauce, mild (7)
• 4 Tbls Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Hatch Green Chile (0) • 1/2 c. FF sour cream (2)
• 4 oz. 1/3 fat cream cheese (9)
• 2 c. Trader Joe’s lite shredded mozzarella cheese (7)
1. Simmer the green chile enchilada sauce and chiles in a pan over medium heat until it’s slightly thickened. Approximately 15 minutes.
2. Turn off the heat and then whisk in the cream cheese and sour cream.
3. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and make a layer of 3 1/2 tortillas.
4. Next layer half of the chicken on top of the tortillas, half of the enchilada sauce and half of the cheese.
5. Repeat layers starting with tortillas and ending with cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 375° until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese on top is getting browned. About 25 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes, then cut into 8 squares and eat while it’s hot.
Makes 8 servings at 4 Freestyle points each per the WW recipe builder.
5 2152:16 AM Sep 26, 2018
Dinner 😋😋😋 After having a donut (no regrets), I had to have a low point dinner. 3 corn tortillas (4sp), chicken taco mixture (0sp), cheese (1sp), and avocado (🥑). (5sp) total! (Also, how cute are these taco plates?!?! I’m obsessed! From bed, bath, & beyond)
Zuppa Toscana + Garlic Bread = 8SP of 😍 ❤️ 😍
I’ve been making this soup for years after falling in love with it at the Olive Garden. My recipe is so similar to Emily’s @emilybitesblog, that I’m just going to tell you to go to her website and get all the delicious details there! The only real difference is that mine is made with kale instead of spinach.