“Play is the highest form of research.” ~ Albert Einstein
As adults, we sometimes forget the importance of having a good time. During the production of our latest project in Uganda, these kids became our teachers in the art of PLAY. 📸 @_gwebb ⚽️ @smallwarner Director/Soccer player
#Play#Children#Soccer#HaveAGoodTime#Uganda Documentary #STOOP55
Charles was originally a patient at Hope Smiles through our partnership with @amazima. He expressed an interest in dentistry and displayed the character and passion needed at Hope Smiles, so we hired him in Uganda as our Sterilization Technician!⠀
After 3 years of outstanding work on our team, Charles wanted to dive even deeper into restoring hope and transforming lives through dentistry...so he applied to dental school! ⠀
Today, Charles is beginning his second semester of dental school! ⠀
Leadership. Sustainability. Empowerment. This is what YOU accomplish through Hope Smiles!⠀
weekend in Uganda - Murchison’s Falls •
(1) Elephant welcoming us into the national park (2) the poetry of drinking Nile special beer on a Nile cruise (those elephants get everywhere) (3) 🦛🦛🦛 (4) 🐘🐘🐘 (5) Nile cruising views (6,7) the anticlimactic murchison falls - actually amazing if you get closer or from above, but we couldn’t get any closer (8) more 🦛🦛 (9) sundown in Murchison National Park •
amazing way to spend a weekend...
#murchisonfalls#safari#uganda#uganda🇺🇬 #elephants#hippo#hippopotamus #🐘 #🦛 #nile
Whoops! Moments before hopping on a plane last night I realized that my Uganda highlights blog post was glitching out on some mobile devices 😳. If it showed up wonky on yours, I’m so sorry, but it should be fixed now! The link’s in my bio and I’d love it if you’d check it out ☺️🦒
Die Teppiche sind da! ❤✌🌍 Heute Morgen habe ich folgende SMS bekommen: Hallo 👋
Mein Name ist Katja und ich komme ursprünglich aus Amorbach. Lebe jetzt in der Schweiz und würde gerne helfen 😀 sende euch heute die 140 Euro für den Teppichboden. Ganz liebe Grüsse Katja
Danke ❤ Katja !!! Nicholas (Leiter der Schule) hat direkt zwei große Teppiche für umgerechnet 100€ gekauft (die restlichen 40€ werden entweder für Teppich Nr. 3 / wenn nötig/ verwendet oder für das, was die Kinder gerade brauchen). Schnell.Schneller.Team Nicholas & Xenia 😊 😊 (Morgen gibt's mehr Fotos!) "Wie sich Himmel und Erde so fügen. Wie Kilometer und Kontinente keine Rolle spielen. I love it - I love you!" #Perfect#Worldfect#Believe#Danke#Katja#oneLove#Uganda#Kinder#Liebe#Teppiche
Missing these sweet babies today! I can’t wait to go back to Africa and work with @africathriving . Their mission inspires me to want to do more and help be the change that the world needs. I can’t wait to share with you all what I’ve learned this trip and what’s to come. Stay tuned! 📸: @malyse15#thejourneyofayounggun
Have I ever mentioned I am obsessed with giraffes? 🦒🧡🦒🧡🦒🧡
I cannot believe this moment even happened. Our driver told us that we can leave the car to take a quick photo as the lions usually rest in the early afternoon, so this would be the safest time to get close to these magnificent creatures 🙈🧡✨✨✨
So of course I jumped at the opportunity without thinking twice!
BEST ANIMAL EXPIRIENCES OF THE LAST 12 MONTHS 🐒 🦍🐬🦒
1. Swimming with sharks. Exhuma, Bahamas.
2. Bareback horse riding on the beach (followed by skinny dipping 🙈). Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
3. Kissing penguins. Cape Town, South Africa.
4. Feeding swimming pigs. Exhuma, Bahamas.
5. Gorilla trekking in an African jungle. Bwindi, Uganda.
6. Hanging out with beduin camels. Wadi Rum, Jordan.
7. Seeing rhinos happy and not hunted down. South Africa.
8. Sheep herding with a cute puppy. Zakopane, Poland.
9. Bathing elephants. Chiang Mai, Thailand.
10. Random snuggles with street / island kitties. El Nido, Philippines.
After I shared my favorite hotels, you asked me to put together another list so here it is.
Ps: I love you and I know you don’t have bad intentions but let’s remember no photo is ever worth ‘torturing’ any animal. If you see a little piggy on the beach, don’t force to hold her down to get a photo. Please 🙏🏼 Only go to sanctuaries who take care of elephants and don’t allow riding them etc etc. Together we can enjoy the company of these beautiful creatures without hurting them in any way 😊