This country style breakfast area is a favorite because of the bright green cabinet and banquette style seating. I like the cafe style dining table that is more intimate than a large farm table, which the client has in the adjoining room. This is the perfect spot to grab a bowl of cereal or share a cup of coffee with a neighbor.
Jai Kisan? Really?
Cheruvayal Raman is a legendary farmer from Wayanad in Kerala who has been feted internationally for his work in preserving indigenous seeds. Belonging to an Adivasi or tribal community called the Kurachiyas, he stays in a 150 year old house made of adobe walls and timber roofing. When I met him, he was just back from the fields for a mid day break. We chatted over spicy black tea. "Our politicians say 'jai jawan, jai kisan,' why?" He asked. "I don't know much about the jawan (army) but I can safely tell you the kisan (farmer) is taken for a ride one dispensation after another." Promises of minimum wages make lotus eaters of the farmers, he held. "Instead there should be insurance coverage - for the farmer and his entire family." Raman suffered a stroke during a recent trip to Dubai and has been taking medications since. "When I know somebody has me covered, I can, besides my regular farming also work on seed preservation without worrying about my family." #cheruvayalraman#farmfrnd#farmers#adobehouse#kerala#traditionalhouse#traditional#wayanad#agriculture#indigenous#preservation#seeds#wanderink
0 05 minutes ago
1 45 minutes ago
#traditional dress for mom # Thanx sis for making her day memorable with Raunage bakery 👏
0 05 minutes ago
Berbukalah dgn yg manis 😁
Tak bosen-bosen deh buat bebikin bubur manis bgini karena emang akunya doyan bangettt dgn yg namanya candil ubi/biji salak dan kali ini pun tak tambahin juga sagu mutiara plus kolang kaling ya biar rasanya makin mantulllll 👍 Pada doyan juga gag nih? Yukk cobainnn ———————————————————————
BUBUR CANDIL UBI KOLANG KALING + MUTIARA ala @silvialim18
Candil ubi orange (biji salak):
250 gr ubi orange/ubi cilembu/ubi ungu/ubi jepang yg sudah dikukus; haluskan dgn garpu
80 gr tepung sagu/tapioka
40 gr gula halus
1. Campur semua bahan jadi 1, aduk rata. Bentuk sesuai selera hingga adonan habis terbentuk.
2. Didihkan air di panci lalu masukkan candil ubinya; rebus hingga matang (hingga candilnya mengapung) stelah itu angkat, tiriskan
Pelengkap (banyaknya sesuai selera):
Sagu mutiara yg sudah direbus hingga matang empuk
Kuah gula merah:
150 gr gula merah
50 gr gula pasir
700 ml air minum
2 lmbr daun pandan
1-2 sdm tepung sagu/tapioka larutkan dgn sedikit air
1. Campurkan semua bahan kuah gula merah kecuali larutan sagu ke dalam panci; aduk rata, masak hingga matang mendidih dan gulanya larut lalu saring terlebih dahulu (rasa manisnya kuah ini boleh sesuaikan dgn selera ya).
2. Setelah itu masukkan candil ubi yg sudah direbus tsb + kolang kaling ke dalam kuah gula merahnya; masak kembali hingga mendidih lalu masukkan larutan sagu sambil diaduk hingga mengental ya (tingkat kekentalan boleh sesuaikan selera).
100 ml santan kental instant
100 ml air minum
1 lbr daun pandan
Caranya: campur dan aduk smua bahan jadi satu lalu masak kuah santannya hingga mendidih
Sajikan bubur candil ubi + kolang kaling kuah gula merahnya dgn tambahan sagu mutiara lalu siram deh dgn kuah santan sesuai selera ya 🤗
"You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you." - Anonymous.
I sometimes get some questions regarding my solo travelling hobby. "Why do you travel alone?", "Don't you scare go by yourself as a woman?", "What are you doing with no one accompany you?", "Don't you get bored being alone in strange places?", and other similar questions.
And now i will tell you the answers a.k.a the good things based on my experiences.
1) You can do whatever you want. You don't need to think or worry about your travelmates' opinions and responds. Everything is on your hand.
2) You become a more responsible and independent person, because there is no one you can rely on.
3) You make new friends during your trip. Because if you are with your travelmates, it will be 100% you don't have any willing to interact with strangers.
4) Travel alone stimulate your brain in taking decisions, because you are the only one decision maker. It is okay to be wrong sometimes, it will be a good lesson.
5) Peaceful and joyful atmosphere, no drama for sure.
So, if you wondered if i will keep doing this. The answer is Yes!!!
Mesmerizing spectators with its striking appearance only reveals half of its beauty. The other half can be found in the exotic, sweet, flowery, piquant flavor of the waxy flower bud, which is high in antioxidants and antibacterial properties. When the bud is thinly sliced or shredded, it becomes a spice in many salads, sauces, and dips throughout Indonesia.
at NUSA, most ingredients found and searched by conducting research to regions of Indonesia.
The chef has been traveling around Indonesia to do his own research for this wonderful ingredients.
NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy
an edible story of Indonesia
original picture courtesy of blog.seasonwithspice.com
Happy to annouce this excellent bilingual guide into Romanian foods coordinated by my friend Adriana (@aadrianajoy ) and Cezar (@cezar_vinul.ro ). It is a collection of 60 recipes created by 7 food bloggers and divided by 7 geographic areas. If interested pm me.