Social media has become scary. For us Estheticians, sometimes we get clients who are mean and threatening when they don’t get what they want. So make sure you explain to your client that sometimes after a facial, the face gets red or worse, might purge. Give it some time.. wait at least after 24- 48 hours as most irritations will go away. Similar to the photo, talk to your Esthetician right away instead of posting in social media. #trustyouresthetician#thinkbeforeyouclick#doyourhomework#begoodtoyourself#bekind#estheticianlife
Informed consent. So important, so often overlooked in #aidcommunications .
Why is it needed? *To not put people in danger, particularly children, when we use their images, especially online. *To protect people’s dignity. *To not misrepresent people. *To respect that everyone has the right to decide if they do or do not want their image to be used. *To maintain the credibility of your program, your communications approaches.
Scam of the Week: Watch Out for Fake Legal Threats in Your Inbox
The bad guys are currently using fake legal threats to scare you into downloading their malicious attachments. These email scams typically inform you that your organization is going to be sued. You’re instructed to review the attached file for details and to respond within a few days or further action will be taken against you. Once you open the attachment, which is usually a Microsoft Word document, your computer is instantly infected with Malware.
Remember the following to avoid falling victim to scams such as this:
Attackers are known for using shocking, aggressive, and time-sensitive scenarios to pressure you into opening attachments or clicking links. Always stop and think before clicking on links in emails or downloading any attachments.
Never open any attachments that you weren’t expecting. Even if the attachment appears to be from someone you know, pick up the phone to verify it’s legitimate.
If your organization was being sued, it likely would not be notified via email. Research the supposed sender and reach out to them over the phone if you’re concerned it may be legitimate.
It's totally #AWholeNewWorld after we watched the live action version of #Aladdin . It's my favorite #DisneyAnimatedFilm (tied with -ALittleMermaid) that's why I'm so excited to watch the live action and Coco has been seeing the trailer on TV which is hyping him up. He has also watched the animated film, yep, he does the princesses films.
3 things I love about the live action Aladdin:
1. Genie's story - post freedom story. As much as I miss Robin Williams, #WillSmith as Genie definitely made a mark.
2. "Don't underestimate me cause I know I won't go speechless" #PrincessJasmine isn't the helpless & voiceless girl that she was. She definitely got a voice here and isn't #Speechless . Watch out for her #LetItGoMoment as my sister coined it. You'll get what I'm saying when you've watch it na. #GirlPower Jasmine has always been the underated princess but she was very powerful in this film tipong pwedeng "Jasmine" yung title. Haha.
3. But of course, the timeless "A Whole New World" and the iconic and wondrous #MagicCarpetRide that instantly made me tear up. Surreal feeling.
PS. I don't have the strength to get mad at Jafar. AMPOGI KASI 😜🤫
PSS. Feeling I belong ako. Papano kasi parang mga ancestors ko tong mga to. If I may share, my maternal great grandfather is pure Lebanese. Just look at my cousin @chadhemadude HE BELONG!
3 things I learned that I wanted to share to all:
1. Loyalty < Right. Not because we have to be loyal to someone, yun na ang dapat gawin. We should always choose what is right. To connect, Power is useless if you don't use it right. Hello po sa #PhilippinePolitics 🙊
2. When we are true to ourselves, that's the only time we are free. Lalo na sa social media, laganap ang mga pretentious at superficial. Being free is the best feeling in the world, because you can do and be anything you want to be without having any guilt feeling that would hinder us to soar high.
3. Be the voice that the world needs. If we have the will to use our voice, we shouldn't hesitate to do so. Use it to help, inspire, change, encourage. Like we are doing now, the power of social media, as it is the easiest and currently, the most convenient way to #BeHeard
14 4525 May, 2019
You don't need to be a journalist, a teacher, or a researcher to combat fake news. As long as you're a sucker of truth, you can kick an ass of a propagandist. ✔
It takes only one emotional reaction or accidental share of your images to the wrong group to damage your reputation in a major way. Once you’ve posted something, you can never really get it back – due to the ‘screen grab’. Think before you click, share and type – it will save you a lot of embarrassment.
BE CAREFUL - Whatever you say or post on social media can be used against you 😱. Even if you're not being sued, we've all seen cases where a single tweet or post can ruin someone's life ☠️. Always take a second look at what you post, especially if it is controversial. 🤔
Do you remember any incidents where a single tweet or post made hell for someone's life? Share with me in the comments below!👍 #thinkbeforeyouclick#accusations#controversial#thejasonlim
End your holiday shopping with a LOCAL bang! Choose to spend your dollars with your neighbors. Shop and dine in ways that keep your dollars in this community, working for you and keeping this place unlike any other. You have the power to shape this place with each dollar you spend. #thinkbeforeyouclick#buylocalchs#votewithyourdollar