Chicken asparagus twists are strange but incredible.
Ingredients (for 12 serving)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
6 strips bacon
12 stalks asparagus, ends trimmed
1 cup greek yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1. On a cutting board, slice chicken lengthwise into 1-inch (2 cm) thick slices. Take each slice of chicken and cut it in half lengthwise leaving about 1 inch (2 cm) uncut on one end of the strip.
2. Cut off part of the uncut end of the chicken so you do not have a thick spot in the middle of your longer chicken strip.
3. Place chicken strips in a bowl. Add ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice and mix to combine.
4. Transfer to the refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
6. On a cutting board, slice each piece of bacon lengthwise creating 12 strips in total.
7. Wrap the cut strip of bacon around the asparagus.
8. Wrap a marinated chicken strip around the bacon-wrapped asparagus. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
9. Place each bacon chicken asparagus twist on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Turn up the heat to broil, and broil for 10 minutes. Flip the twists over, and broil for an additional ten minutes.
12. In a bowl add the Greek yogurt parsley, dill, ½ teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
13. Remove bacon asparagus twists from baking sheet, and let cool. Serve with herb yogurt dipping sauce.