Tonight was our final TAF Run Club for the year and it was Christmas themed, so Santa rode on Coby’s back for a lap of Lake Wendouree 😆 As always we had a lot of fun and can’t wait to run with the club again next year ✌️
Great way to start the week with @runthroughuk running club Christmas social last night, and no we didn’t just go to the pub in our running gear! 👌🏼You know the Christmas spirit has hit coach @cholman602 when she sets us 25 minutes of fartlek and shortens the cool down lap 🥳. It’s been great to get more involved in the club sessions and make them more consistently this year, always helps when you are guaranteed a friendly bunch will be there come rain or shine - thanks guys!! 🤗
Awful picture but a great workout! I took the last couple days off and I really wanted to extend that break today..... but I didn’t. Mondays at run club are speed workout days, but I couldn’t get to them club this morning so I did a workout on the dreadmill this evening.
2 mile wu @ 7:45
5 min @ 6:15
2 min rest
5 min @ 6:07
2 min rest
2.5 min @ 6:00 30 sec rest 3 min at 5:47
That last split was not supposed to have a break, but Kevin called me and I was pretty tired and took the opportunity to stop. I was mad at myself for doing that so turned the speed up and ran for 30 seconds more.
I’m pretty excited about this workout. My next step is doing mile repeats at this pace and then I’d love to break 20:00 in a 5k. I’ve got lots of goals going into 2019.
Last week’s tracker.
I’m down a total of 2lbs since I started this 5 weeks ago, and considering I’ve had a holiday party and birthday celebrations, this is a win.
This upcoming week I have some festivities as well, including a trip to a gourmet doughnut shop, team building activity/eats/drinks with my coaching team, #projectfitandstrong , and a 4 day work trip.
This week’s plan of attack:
- participate in my active recovery workouts rather than think of this week as a week of “rest”
- stick to my nutrition principles that help me fuel my body, keep my hunger at bay, and leave me feeling energized all day and fab at the end of the day
- I’m about to make some PB chocolate energy snack balls b/c Chocolate is a necessity this week 🧝🏼♀️ #iamagoddess
- plan fun festivities that include being active (my team is checking out the new @activategamescanada and I’ll be hitting up some yoga on the beach later this week.
- daily check-ins with Virtual Gym and the ladies who are rocking their holiday health goals - do my best to be in bed by 11pm (Doesn’t sounds too hard but I’m a 🌙🦉)
- do my intention and gratitude journal everyday
Alright, so here’s to another successful week, being able to come back and check off these actions steps, and rock my Christmas outfit (still needs to be decided).
#gotchaday Two years ago I adopted this baby girl and life has been full of cuddles, naps, messy dog park days and lots of love. Nina is everything and I’m so lucky to have her 💕🐶 a big thank you to @partnershipforpaws and the incredible work they do rescuing dogs and finding them a forever home.
Bundle up DC runners, it's time for our monthly #runclub with @runpacers! Join us Tuesday night at 6:30pm on 14th street, or Thursday 6:30pm at @TheYardsDC! RSVP here for headcount purposes: www.vidafitness.com
Everyday is a new chance to create change. Don’t wait for a new week or fresh page on that calendar. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth starting today.
Not waiting until January - @aroundthebayrace hill repeats on Valley Inn Rd this afternoon to kick start my training.
14 8212 hours ago
Rounding up another year of @wild_tr with a festive hill session. I’m feeling so much stronger and faster.... Roll on 2019 💪🏻