System Hacking:(remaining part)
4. Vulnerability Analysis:
• It defines, identifies, classifies, and prioritizes security holes in a computer, a network, or IT infrastructure.
Vulnerability can be defined in two ways:
• A bug in a code or a flaw in software design
• A gap in security procedures or a weakness internal controls
5. System Hacking: (1)Gaining Access:
• This phase where an attacker tries to gain access to the system/network using various tools and techniques.
• This can be done using password cracking, privilege escalation, session hijacking etc.
• An attacker gains access to operating system level, application level and network level.
• Cracking Passwords
• Escalating Privileges (2)Maintaining Access:
• In this phase, an attacker tries to maintain a persistent connection in the background without the knowledge of the user.
• This can be done using trojans, backdoors, any malicious files or rootkits.
• Attackers can use the compromised systems to launch the further attacks.
• Executing Applications
• Hiding Files (3)Clearing Tracks:
• An intelligent attacker or hacker always clear all the evidences so that in the later point of time, no one will find any traces leading to him.
• This involves modifying/corrupting/deleting the values of logs, modifying registry values and uninstalling all the applications he used.
• Covering Tracks
I attached a picture for better explanation that is drawn by me.
Stay tuned. Keep following @cryptonic007
• This is the first step of hacking also known as footprinting or information gathering.
• In this phase, we collect the information as much as possible about the target. We usually collect the information about network, host and involved people.
It have 2 types:
a). Active: In this, an attacker directly interact with the target to gather the information about the target.
Eg: telephone calls to help desk.
b). Passive:In this, an attacker gather the information about the target without the direct interaction.
Eg: searching public records, news etc.
• This is the pre-attack phase of the hacking.
• In this phase, we scans the target for specific information on the basis of information we collected in reconnaissance phase.
It have 3 types:
a). Port Scanning: In this, we scan the target for the information like open ports, live systems, various services running on host.
b). Vulnerability Scanning: In this, we scan the target for weakness or existing vulnerability which can be exploited.
c). Network Scanning: In this, we find the topology of the network, routers, firewalls servers, host information and drawing a network diagram with the available information.
• In this, attacker creates an active connection with target machine to gain more information about the target.
• It is used to extract the usernames, machine names, network sources, shares and services running on a system.
Techniques used for Enumeration:
• Extract usernames using email IDs
• Brute force Active Directory
• Extract user groups from windows
• Extract information using default passwords.
• Extract information using Zone transfer
• Extract usernames using SNMP =>Commonly ports that are used to Enumerate:
• DNS port(53)
• NetBIOS Name service (137)
• Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (25)
• Simple Network Management Protocol (161)
• NetBIOS Session Service (139)
Começando a semana com pen test!
Trouxe alguns marca textos que eu tenho pra indicar pra vocês. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀• Marca texto Chosch: cinco cores de marca texto, todos com duas pontas, a segunda na cor amarela. Não gosto muito de tons neons mas pra quem gosta ele é ótimo. Fiz o teste não só na ficha, mas também, em um caderno de gramatura 63 e não passou pro outro lado. (Valor: R$8 na 25 de março) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀• Marca texto Tenfon: Começando pela embalagem que quando bati o olho surtei achando que fosse os da mildliner hahaha. Esses apesar de serem neon eu gosto mais, as cores são um pouco mais “apagadas”. Assim como os da chosch ele tem uma segunda ponta na cor amarela além de ter um exclusivo da cor e não transfere pra folha de trás. (Valor: R$10 na 25 de março) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀• Marca texto stabilo: Sou simplesmente apaixonada por eles! Em especial as coleção pastel. Eles são um pouco mais caros e na minha opinião podem ser substituídos pelo da Faber que são mais em conta pois tem cores bem parecidas. Nos testes que fiz eles também não transferiram. (Valor: $7,60 na kalunga)
🚨USA launches cyber attack on Iranian computer systems!!...
The operation disabled Iranian computer systems that controlled Iran's rocket and missile launchers.
3 officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. They say President Donald Trump authorised the cyber strike even as he called off a conventional military response to Iran's downing of a U.S. surveillance drone.
The officials say defense officials had prepared such a cyber response as a contingency plan for weeks preceding the attack.
Cybersecurity firms say Iran has increased its offensive cyberattacks against the U.S. government and critical infrastructure as tensions have grown between the two nations. CrowdStrike and FireEye, which regularly track such activity, say in recent weeks hackers believed to be working for the Iranian government have targeted U.S. government agencies, as well as sectors of the economy, including oil and gas. The firms say the hackers have sent waves of spear-phishing emails.
It is not known if the hackers managed to gain access to the targeted networks with the emails, which typically mimic legitimate emails but contain malicious software.
The cyber offensive is the latest chapter in ongoing cyber operations between the U.S. and Iran. The recent sharp increase is occurring after the Trump administration imposed sanctions on the Iranian petrochemical sector this month. #cybersecurity#infosec#computerscience#computerengineering#riskmanagement#encryption#IoT#AI#dataprotection#privacy#hacking#hacker#pentest#tech#datascience#code#coding#python#php#linux#java#webdev#programming#programmer#webdeveloper#digital#innovation#cloud#technology#security
Miss Robot has gone incognito.
She is now free to live the next six weeks privately… right?
Well, she’s fine locally in her hotel room. There are no cameras in here, she checked. She can drink as many Monsters as she wants and no one would see it.
But soon as she steps into the hallway, she interacts with the browser and is caught on camera everywhere she goes.
Not to mention her badge cookies follow her all the way to work. Then at work she’s followed again by cameras. She’s okay once she’s back in her room again, but she’s only minimized the browser. They all know she’s still in there.
When she finally leaves this place and closes her session, housekeeping will come in to erase the data of her activity for the next person who uses her hotel room. But the front desk, the security guards, her employer, and everyone else that stalked her during her stay will still have all the information they need.
She also can’t help but download a Monster everyday from the lobby snack shop, so the new person in her room can still find the cans in the garbage. At least until the lobby janitors empty the trash folder.
And of course the information still also resides in her memory and on her hard drive, which could be retrieved by the right people if suspicious of her activity.
She considered using Tor, but she just wasn’t able to jump from Japan to France to Guam to get to work.
Really she should have just stayed home and never opened up a session here in the first place. But it’s too late now and she’s too scared to close her browser.
So she settled with the fact that she’ll inevitably be tracked during her current six-week session. But she is a benevolent robot, so she shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
PASSE PARA O LADO PARA VER FOTOS DOS PRODUTOS!!
A @la_papeterie é uma das minhas lojas preferidas na hora de comprar itens fofos de papelaria. Sempre vem tudo muito bem embalado em uma caixinha muito simpática e com presentinho. Dessa vez veio calendário e marcador de página.
Amei os adesivos, em especial a cartela de ursinhos.
O kit de washi tape em azul marinho com dourado é muito mais lindo do que eu imaginava.
A caneta avulsa tem tinta tipo gel na cor preta e é uma delícia para escrever.
O conjunto de canetas tem as cores lindas e bem diferentes. O corpo da caneta corresponde a cor da tinta e a azul clarinho com toque de cinza foi a que mais gostei. A tinta delas também é tipo gel e a ponta é 0,5mm.