Total Distance (km): 53.99
Those of a sensitive disposition please stop reading.
I f******g hate Pastures f*******g Hill!! I have no clue how I got myself to run tonight...then for some f*****g reason I am determined to not run over 6min/km...so I push myself harder and yes there is this short lived satisfaction of achieving it, but quickly it's replaced with the realisation I've not even done a f******g tenth of the challenge!! However, rant aside I'm going to enjoy some chocolate with my tea!
Once again please donate using the link below, Thank You!! .
Uh - oh! I’ve been breaking my own rules again........I’m not meant to be buying any new clothes until I’ve completed my @mariekondo style clear out. I’m attempting a to do a drawer a day when I’m at home but I’ve still got a long way to go!
But this purchase really doesn’t count, for SO many reasons:
1). It’s an essential! I havn’t owned a waterproof coat for a number of months since my eldest son Nathan decided my Berghaus jacket was trendy (my word not his!) and left it somewhere never to be seen again.....
2). Nathan won’t like it so I will get to keep it!
3). This coat will multi task! It’s waterproof, breathable and insulated. That means it will keep the rain out on my Peak District walks, look stylish when I’m skiing in a few weeks time, and keep me warm and dry when waiting for a train.
3). Last but not least, it was a complete steal today in the last week of Clearance at @johnlewisandpartners Oxford Street. Only £108 reduced from £180 - I simply couldn’t resist it!
Product Code 358 00793
The Peak District, Derbyshire
5 ways to wellbeing:
1) CONNECT - feeling close to, and valued by other people is a fundamental human need and one that contributes to functioning well in the world. Social relationships are critical for promoting wellbeing and for acting as a buffer against mental ill health for people of all ages.
2) BE ACTIVE - Regular physical activity is associated with lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups.
Exercise is essential for slowing age-related cognitive decline and for promoting well-being.
3) TAKE NOTICE - reminding yourself to take notice can strengthen and broaden awareness. Being aware of what is happening in the present directly enhances your well-being and 'savouring' the moment can help reaffirm your life priorities. Heightened awareness also enhances your self understanding allowing you to make positive choices.
4) LEARN - continued learning through life enhances self-esteem and encourages social interaction and a more active life.
5) GIVE - participation in social and community life has attracted a lot of attention in the field of well-being research. Individuals who report a greater interest in helping others are more likely to rate themselves as happy. Committing an act of kindness once a week over a 6 week period is associated with an increase in wellbeing
I do miss the peak district. I just feel so at home there. I love nature. I love being able to look down from the top of a hill, seeing the landscape stretched out before me. Really makes you come alive. The city makes you want to stay inside. The country makes you explore. I love it!
Photos by my other half @icoffeestains (please check out his instagram!)
(My colouring day post, will be up shortly!) 💕