Self-Love Challenge Day 16: indulged in blueberry pancakes with my favorite person. .
I gave up a few different food groups like wheat, grains and dairy several years ago to heal my body, mind and gut. While I still limit them, I’ve since healed and enjoy them on occasion. I absolutely believe that not only is it necessary, it’s crucial to learn how your body reacts to all the food. That is done by research, trial and error and possibly an elimination diet for a significant amount of time. It’s the only way to know how your body works. After you figure it out, that’s when you truly start to live. Because then, and only then, it’s no longer about restriction... it’s about giving your body what it deserves to thrive. When you learn how to respect your body —inside and out— you start loving your body. .
banana pancakes 🍯🥞✨ Who wants a stack of these?! 💭 The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, simple, and so delicious. Check it out 👇🏼
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup mashed banana
• 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• In a bowl, use a fork to lightly mash 2 large bananas. After, measure 1 cup of mashed banana and set aside.
• In a high-speed blender, add all of the dry ingredients. Next, add the wet ingredients. Blend the ingredients together until a smooth batter is formed.
• Lightly grease a skillet with coconut oil (or any oil of your choosing) and heat on low-medium. Once the skillet is warm, pour the batter into pancakes. Once bubbles begin to form on the surface of each pancake (should take 2-3 minutes), flip to cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
• Serve pancakes with fresh fruit, nut butter, and/or maple syrup. Enjoy! 🥞✨
saturdays call for a tall stack of blueberry pancakes like this, crowned with syrupy jam and fresh berries. i’m pretty excited about this recipe; i’ve been wanting to create gluten-free pancakes that don’t require a score of obscure ingredients and actually have good texture (no gummy insides pls). these turned out perfectly: they're fluffy, thick, and soft with the perfect rise, made with a combination of oat flour and rice flour. i folded some blueberries into mine but you can also add chocolate chips, lemon zest, toasted coconut, chopped nuts— whatever you feel like.
recipe is below; to see the syrup pour check out my stories hehe (yes i filmed it, you’re welcome)
FLUFFY PANCAKES (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free. makes 10-12 pancakes)
* 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened soy or almond milk
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 1 cup or 90g oat flour (to make your own, blend 1 cup + 1 tbsp rolled oats in a food processor until fine)
* 1 cup or 150g rice flour (i used a brand from my asian grocery store but any rice flour should work, including brown rice flour)
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 banana, mashed
* 2 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Instructions: Add vinegar to non-dairy milk and stir well and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mash banana into the milk/vinegar, and add maple syrup and vanilla extract, stirring well. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t over-mix, a few lumps are fine). Fold in blueberries, if using. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter carefully onto a hot skillet greased with oil, and cook until each side is browned. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
guys i made the perfect fluffy pancakes and i just... need a moment. 😪 happy friday good lawd
made extra to bring to work 🙇🏻♀️
1 cup flour
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup non dairy milk
1 tbsp acv
1 tsp vanilla
in a medium bowl add he flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
in a medium bowl add milk, acv, and vanilla and stir.
pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and whisk until smooth. let batter rest for like five min.
pour onto nonstick pan over medium heat. when the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden 😜💋