I don’t think I have ever formally introduced myself!
Hi! I’m Alex.
I’m a mom to two beautiful and smart little girls, a wife to an amazing husband and a woman hustling ever day trying to achieve her dreams of being a florist.
How did I become a florist you ask? Well, I have a wonderful friend @walid.azami once ask me a very important question, “what makes you happy?” That was the best question anyone has ever asked me (well, except when my husband asked me to marry him.....hi babe). This question made me dig down deep within myself and ask, what makes my heart sing? What sets my soul on fire? What specifically makes me happy? After months of mulling this thought over, something whispered in my ear......flowers!
The look of flowers, the smell of flowers and the artistic way flowers are arranged, everything about flowers makes me happy! Even when I was little, I loved putting flowers in my hair or making flower necklaces or flower crowns. Flowers always made me feel pretty, connected to Mother Nature and receiving flowers was always an exciting experience. As an adult, I come from a corporate background in commercial real estate but flowers have always spoken to my artistic heart!
So after voicing my answer to Walid’s question, my next step was to ask myself.....what am I going to do now?
So at that moment, I decided to follow my dreams and start my own business as a florist! To be honest, I’ve been doing floral design for years, but for free, for friends weddings, bridal showers and family baby showers, but now, I’m going to get paid for it!
So since last October, my first paying gig doing a friend of a friend’s wedding, I am officially a girl who stepped out of her comfort zone and followed her dreams!
I’m Alex Telson, nice to meet you.
9 7014 hours ago
All ivory will always have a big place in my heart 💛 it’s absolutely classic and can’t really ever go wrong!
Many 2019 brides, so I thought I would re-introduce myself since it’s been a while!
1. My name is Lily (definitely not Olive)
2. That is a little baby bump in that picture! 👆🏼
3. I definitely don’t look like that or fit into those jeans anymore... I have 1 more month of pregnancy and can’t wait to meet our little girl
4. I am a complete neat freak & can’t relax until the house looks like no one lives in it. I know that will have to change when baby comes! Pray for me 🤦🏻♀️
5. I watch way too much trash TV but I justify it with binging @netflix documentaries (currently obsessed with Staircase... anyone else?!)
6. I won a stove & Vespa on the @therealpriceisright & got to go on @theellenshow‘s Mothers Day Special... I definitely need to play the lottery soon
7. I am still booking weddings & can only continue to do what I love because of my rockstar husband @mattroden84 & group of amazing women around me
8. Reach out, let’s be friends & I’ll convince you that you actually like roses!