Day 20: Dhayana ✨💙
A steady flow of attention toward an object, such as your breathing, your mantra or a sacred image.
This is the 14th Avenue Pier in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This place is very special to me. In November, I spent over two hours sitting on the pier with my attention focused steadily on the ocean; I watched the waves from a distance and as they hit the shoreline. I had spots in my eyes from my TBI but looked past them to see the ocean. It was during this time that I truly shed and released what had not been serving me back home and felt a sense of peace. When my mind wandered, it lead me to realizations I hadn’t considered: I had outgrown my career position and didn’t need to leave in haste, I wasn’t depressed; it’s just hard maintain well being in an unhealthy environment, and I accept others’ actions/feelings without needing to know why.
This is the sacred image my steady flow of attention goes toward during dhayana; sitting on Pier 14 with a mug of tea with the sun shining down on me as I look out to the ocean 🌊☀️
So that my lovely followers can get to know me! Here's 10 things about me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart, we've been "together" for 11 years. 💖
2. I've had 3 pregnancy loses, a rainbow baby, and a pot of gold baby! My living children are Irish Twins (October 2017 and September 2018) 🍀
3. I live about 25 minutes outside of Savannah, Georgia. It almost never gets cold. I want to move somewhere cold though! 🔥❄
4. I am the only surviving member of triplets. So I was meant to be here! 😇
5. I am socially awkward in person, but I love talking to people online! It gives me a chance to think about what I'm going to say! 😶
6. I am left handed like my father. 🖑
7. My favorite food is shrimp. 🍤
8. I used to run a cupcake business, my favorite was our Mint Chocolate Monsters and Key Lime Raspberry! 😍
9. My mom-car goals will be achieved this year when I buy a minivan! 🛤
10. My favorite vacation spot is Myrtle Beach, but I hate actually going to the beach. 😂🏝
Thanks to @in.this.body.i.live for this awesome design! Find more awesome designs there!
Yesterday we went to the fabulous art museum at Myrtle Beach. Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum A beautiful show of trees and brambles, another show of aerial views of buildings and land, and a third show of museum collection pieces. All very interesting!! We are really looking forward to all the other offerings this year! And so excited about our exhibition opening in September. We appreciate the expertise of the museum staff and the excitement/happenings - one upcoming is the Collector’s Café event. You pay to go then your ticket is drawn and you pick a painting of your choice. Limited to 100 attendees. #jamescalk#betsyhavens#city#buildings#museum#paintings#excited#myrtlebeach#myrtlebeachartmuseum
Bri's secret project has been revealed! Many people stop in and ask questions about making their book of shadows, often saying that they struggle to keep it organized, or even aren't sure of what to put in it. We've taken out the guesswork with this vibrant 8.5x11" 500+ page fillable book.
This gorgeous volume features 7 full color sections to help you create your book of shadows. Each section is a different color, printed all the way to the edge of the page for easy visual location of contents.
For each section, Bri has provided a sample page already filled in for you to get you started.
This book is available for immediate purchase on Amazon, and for preorder in store for the same cost. Get your copy here: