Don’t let the matching leather fool you, we are nearly COMPLETE opposites! ⠀
I’ve been thinking a lot about these platforms we’ve been given whether that be social media, friend groups, your family (they’re all platforms). But I’ve had to ask my self “Am I adding to the things I complain about?”⠀
I’ve had to ask myself, in my life am I feeding the “comparison culture” or am I being myself and real? ⠀
So to be real, Matthew and I COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT. In our personalities, humor, creatively, how we communicate, I am very emotionally aware of my surroundings while he is very outgoing and dominate, different even down to the movies we enjoy.⠀
70% of the time I appreciate our differences and am thankful to be shown sides that I wouldn’t naturally see and the other 30% of the time he literally drives me nuts and I have to leave the room. But the beauty of human life, I think, is found in our differences! ⠀
We are the Maclay’s imperfectly us ✨
When we started wedding planning our main goal was to make our wedding as personal and uniquely us as possible. DIYing every last detail from invitations to favors to signage, skipping the cake for pie, opting for a popcorn bar, having our best friend officiate, and planting our very own oak tree, like the 100 year old tree we were married under, I would say we succeeded. But it really does take a village and we have so many thanks to give....
Thank you to @melaniesoleil and @andrew_mishler for these AMAZING photos that so beautifully captured our day
Thank you to @leslieryanbeauty and @hairbycrystal_rose@vintagerosesalonandspa for making me feel so beautiful
Thank you to Liz @theridgegolfandevents for being the best wedding coordinator in Northern California
Thank you to #machadosorchard for those adorable and delicious pies
Thank you @popcornforthepeople for the amazing treats (seriously check them out, great popcorn for a great cause)
Thank you to @countrybridals for going above and beyond to get me my maggie, even ordering a sample directly so I could try it on
Thank you DJ Justin Warwick, who rocked the playlist and included a little Eric Church before the ceremony
Thank you @kneedeepbrewingco for hosting the best rehearsal dinner
@budlight for being apart of one of my favorite photos from the day and @wadebowen for writing the lyrics that capture our love story
Thank you to my cousin Lauren who arranged those beautiful flowers for my dream bouquet
And most importantly, THANK YOU to all of our family and friends who stood by us, literally and emotionally throughout our whole love story and our lives. Your support is overwhelming and we are so humbled by your love.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! ❤️the Netts
2 286 hours ago
I decided I wanted to post something every day to honor all of our wedding guests and how much I adore and appreciate these people in my life. I’m starting with our bridal party. Here is the first. @gina_davis3 my beautiful “little” cousin. To me you will always be about 10 years old. It has truly been my honor and pleasure to get to know you better since you moved to California. You are wise beyond your years and I am constantly impressed by your maturity. Your drive and willingness to try new things and be out there experiencing and enjoying your life is inspiring. I am so proud of the woman you are and honored to call you my “cousister”! You will always be family, but more importantly, you are my friend. I love you, girl!
9 226 hours ago
A rich silk sash makes your dress a hit, front and back.
One of my favorite traditions I’ve started with Elliot is sending out a photo holiday card. I love selecting the picture and the card style and print the photo to put in a new ornament every year for our tree. Check today’s story for peek at this years card! ....... Speaking of the holidays, I’m officially on Christmas vacation! I’ll be checking and replying to inquiries and emails, but on a limited basis. I’ll be back in action on the 27th to finish out the year strong with a doubleheader wedding weekend! Kicking things off with my family tonight watching Christmas Vacation, obviously 😬 ........ Photo: @dawnmichellephoto
Shoot Direction: @sommerreaphotography