10 totally random things I’ve starting doing in the last 10 months that have been LIFE changers. In no particular order:
1. French Press Coffee☕️ This is the BEST. Complete with fresh ground coffee specifically for a french press, it’s made my life better 10 fold.
2. No freezing when I get fillings. Um excuse me? Try it! Seriously usually doesn’t hurt, and you are out of there WAY faster. The best part is I don’t walk around with a frozen face half the day after.
3. Conversations with strangers. This is not new. But it’s my favourite thing. Highlights usually include grocery store line ups and clerks. Try it.. put your phone away and make a friend.
4. Magnesium supplement. I’m not huge on supplements, but Magnesium CALM is the one thing I never go a day without. Better digestion, sleep, the list goes on.
5. Group Runs! (seriously this is new to the last 10 months) I used to have a strange fear of group runs, but since joining a few I’ve found that they are pretty much the best thing ever. Both trail runs and the T Town Run Inn. All of the fun.
6. Podcasting!!! We haven’t launched yet but I’ve interviewed a ton of badass women so far and getting into their stories is SO. MUCH. FUN. I can’t wait to share them👯♀️🏃🏻♀️
7. Zucchini Noodles. Fun, healthy, delicious, noodely. 🥒
8. Breath. It’s remarkable I stayed alive for 31 years without breathing.
9. Picking up garbage on trails while running. Prettier trails, bonus Karma, win win. I must admit @adcunard has always done this and inspired me.
10. I quit sugar. whaaa? It all started with a bet with my brother @camspires , 3 months turned into 5, and I have no reason to start again. I didn’t realize how addicted I was or how crapy it was making me feel. Best choice ever. *in the name of honesty, I still go a little crazy over dried mangos, but no white sugar.
11. There is one more I’ll share later when I get a handle on how to explain it. 10 bucks to anyone that can guess.
By far the coolest trail race I have done. I think I was a bit over prepared with the sunglasses and hat, as it was raining, snowing, foggy, and windy as hell the whole time. 7 miles with 2500' of gain made for a challenging race. It was so foggy at the top of A Basin, you couldn't see where you were going, so you had to follow the course flags. Happy with 10th overall. I'll defenitly be back @cirqueseries. 📸: @christopherbrainpowell and @rachaelzimmermanphotography
So you may have heard that @ltraceseries 100 was this past weekend. I attempted the incredible feat of completing 100 miles but fell well short by 50. Things didn’t really go right from the start and the same injury that has knocked me out of races for the last year flared again and took me out. This race left me asking a lot of questions. But one thing it didn’t make me question was the incredible support of the #trailrunning community in general and my crew and pacers specifically. @sdcoombs@r_coombs@together4ever1974@grahamshalvoy@joshfieldss dedicated their whole day to helping me reach this goal. Even though I am disappointed in the result of this weekend, my heart is full with gratitude, respect and love for this incredible team. Check the blog later this week for a more in-depth race recap.
Decide that you care more about creating your magic and pushing it out into the world than you do about how it will be received ✨ - Rachel Hollis
Right after I took this pic, 60-70 elk made their way through our yard 😍 There is magic in Monday and the fresh start to chase down your goals. Go get it!
6 recovery miles for the day + 🏋🏽♀️, all the sleepy eyes, & now for some mountain prepping ⛰
18 25718 hours ago
Day 37 of 50 ⛰ — Celebrating 29 years on this planet by making sure I still spend as much time playing outdoors than I do sat working at the computer. #neverstopplaying 😁