I thought I would tired of eating this by now but tbh I’m loving it! Can’t wait to make something different next week.
Also before anyone comments on “you should make something different for different days”, I’m choosing to do this bc I don’t want to have to cook different stuff and waste more time than need be on Sunday’s.
What’s your favorite color of the rainbow? 🌈 When I make lunch I try to make sure there’s plenty of visual appeal with vibrant colors that are good for your bod! 🤩 Here’s what’s inside:
•Rainbow sandwich (hummus, bell peppers, cabbage and spinach)❤️
•Star Cookie Sandwich: vanilla cookies (homemade or you can buy), sliced banana, any nut, sun or granola butter you love rolled into dye free rainbow sprinkles 🧡
•Vegetables: sliced radish, cucumber + purple cauliflower💛
•Fruits: raspberry, tangerine, mango, kiwi balls, blueberry + blackberry💚
•Dye Free chocolate coated candies💙
so so thankful for today’s unexpected & much needed snow day ❄️☺️ wearing my sweatpants all day & catching up on work + now taking a nice break to enjoy lunch. thankful for the food I brought back from home this weekend which saved me from venturing out into the cold to the dining hall 😂
#whatsonmyplate 👉🏼 steamed shrimp + avo (anchored to the plate w a bit of hummus) + steamed cauli & brocc + @harvestsnaps chili lime snap pea crisps (I just tried this flavor & loved it! perfect mix of sweet & spicy 👌🏼). crumbled one of the crisps on top of the avo to be fancy bc I don’t have EBTB seasoning to put on my avocado like everyone else 😂 // everything is paleo except the pea crisps (peas are a type of legume & the crisps are also made w rice flour, but I think they’re a healthy alternative to chips!) ~
happy hump day to you all!! 🤗
2 1230 minutes ago
lunch was a gluten free flat bread with tomatoes, garlic, a big leaf of basil, and an olive
This has been my lunch for the last week and a half. I am no where near sick of it!! Soo good and fits my meal plan. Filling too -Greek yogurt -blueberries -strawberries -organic coconut granola ( protein, fruit and carb) YUM!!!! #lunchtime#yummyinmytummy#delicious
Some people do before and afters of their body, I do them of my meals! 😉😂 It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, but I’m back today with the easiest & most delicious 4-ingredient tofu bowl. This one really couldn’t be simpler, especially if you buy pre-cooked grains. You don’t even need this particular tofu or sauce, but I have to say this @organicgirl dressing is amazing here. And whatever tofu you pick, just make sure it’s extra firm.
To make it happen: 1️⃣ Preheat the oven to 400, open and drain the tofu, and pat it really dry with paper towels or a clean dish towel. Slice it into cubes and spread it in a single layer on a baking sheet (I use a silpat but if you don’t have one, maybe just give the sheet a light mist of cooking spray first). Sprinkle with a little salt and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through for even cooking.
2️⃣ Meanwhile, cook the rice - I throw a big batch in the rice cooker, but you could also buy pre-cooked grains like I mentioned. In which case do literally whatever you want while the tofu cooks.
3️⃣ When the tofu is done, add it to a bowl along with a good pour of the dressing and mix around to let it sit and soak up flavor while the rice finishes cooking. When rice is done, fill your bowl with lettuce mix, add a big scoop of grains, and finish with tofu cubes (+ extra squeeze of dressing if you want.) Eat! .
(Fyi, the whole package of tofu along with 1 cup dry rice cooked will make 4 small and 2 large servings.) .
✌🏻things about this cauliflower pesto pasta:
1) Cauliflower Pesto is a @smittenkitchen idea, using raw riced cauliflower, toasted nuts, parm, olive oil, capers, parsley. *
2. I completely doubted that it would be good. Raw cauliflower pesto, just a weird concept! I ended up being so completely wrong. Weird and DELICIOUS. I should have never doubted. Smitten Kitchen never leads astray, am I right? *
This was recipe 2 for February’s #OneCookbook a Month club! More info is in my highlights.
Made these double baked, fully loaded potato skins for lunch! My New Years resolution was to be a little kinder to our environment! The amount of food we waste is just crazy, so I’ve been attempting to eat or make use of the “whole food”. Instead of making mash potato or chips I’ve tried switching to baked potato or wedges so the skin isn’t being dumped! A scary statistic I learned recently is that one quarter of the food wasted worldwide could feed 870 million hungry people. Also, if your a slimming worlder these wee beauts are Syn Free if you use your healthy extra A 😋😋 #reducereuserecycle#reducefoodwaste#compleating#slimmingworld#synfree#cleanliving#cleaneating
16 3839 minutes ago
I got to sit down and eat my lunch today. 🙌🏻 Must be documented. Something little that I take for granted are the times I actually get to sit and eat my food while it’s warm.
Being more mindful about what you’re eating can start there. Sitting, eating, enjoying, being satisfied. It’s something that’s hard though, especially for those of us who don’t get lunch breaks. Thankful for this little moment today!
2 739 minutes ago
NEW recipe up on the blog allisapron.com (link in bio) of this flavor-packed dish: Coconut Ginger Spaghetti squash 🤗 the sauce is delicious, versatile and so easy to make! It’s so good with spaghetti squash if you‘re looking for a low-carb dish, but also yummy served with any type of noodle, rice, added protein etc! I hope everyone’s having a happy hump day! 😊❤️
This delicious Asian Chicken Salad features ROSIE® Organic Chicken, crisp veggies, and a Miso Sesame Vinaigrette. Find this recipe on our website!
✨We're picking a few people to win a $5 coupon towards @rockyandrosiechicken! Simply follow us, like this picture, and tag 2 friends you'd share this salad with! Contest closes 2/26.✨
2 1246 minutes ago
Moms! Have you ever had trouble getting your kids to eat their greens? ⠀
• The delicious chocolate flavor of Kids Daily Super Greens will have them begging for their greens!⠀
• Our Kids Daily Super Greens contain a daily dosage of fiber, probiotics and enzymes. This blend of herbs and superfoods help to support the immune system as well as concentration. ⠀
• Mix it with almond milk for a delicious, nutrition-packed treat that will keep your kids full, happy & healthy!
1 3947 minutes ago
In a question of sushi or something else, sushi usually wins 🤩🍣 Just picked some up from @mustardseedmrkt They definitely have my vote for best grocery store sushi 😋
When you get takeout for lunch, what’s your go-to?
7 749 minutes ago
Remaking my fast with a healthy @freshii bowl on regular macro day. I will have some healthy carbs today! Which btw I love and can still have while continuing to burn that fat baby! I’ll have some fruit, sweet potatoes and a rice cake with PB for a treat later! Curious how I can enjoy all this amazing food and still loose weight then dm me or check my bio for all the deets. But hurry because registration closes Sunday and we start prep week Monday and you DONT want to miss out!
Yummy vegan Mac n Cheese 🤪 it’s so weird how the body changes, but it’s always important to listen to your body and what it’s trying to tell you.
When I was young, I would eat regular mac n cheese and feel completely normal after. But once I started high school and ate Mac n cheese, I would get bloated! I remember eating a bowl and not eating for the rest of the day because my stomach felt so sick 🙃👌🏼😭 I mean dairy foods are okay on my stomach if I eat a little, but if I consume too much it is just really really bad 😅
But I’m so glad there’s so many dairy free options out there. Dairy free ice cream, milk, cheese, yogurt, and the list goes on! I can still enjoy without feeling guilty or sick the whole day 😌 feels great!
BTW! A lot of you guys suggested me to try out @eatbanza pasta which is a type of pasta that is gluten free and high in protein+ fiber compared to regular pasta! I highly recommend it! It’s really good and the ingredients and nutrition as well are 😍👌🏼
VEGAN MAC N CHEESE
✖️ @eatbanza pasta
✖️Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
✖️1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
✖️ @daiyafoods shredded mozzarella
1. Boil the pasta
2. Prepare your veggies
3. Once pasta is cooked, drain and place back on pot
4. Add veggies, spices, and cheese while the pasta is still hot and let the steam cook the veggies and melt the cheese. (Heat up a little of pasta is not so hot)
62 26164 days ago
Happy Monday! I get a lot of questions about what I usually like to meal prep or my go to meals on those busy days.
Usually I just stick with salads when it comes to meal prepping. I chop up the veggies I want and then add in a source of protein, fat, carbs (if I use a protein source with no carbs like chicken):
✅Protein- corn and beans, quinoa, or chicken breast
✅Fat: avocado, walnuts, tahini or olive oil
✅ Carbs: grains (rice, bulgur, quinoa, etc), beans
Other stuff: lemon, seasonings, apple cider vinegar
Lately, I’ve been doing corn-bean salads since I don’t have to cook anything and it’s so quick. I also meal prep a salad for the next 2-3! This salad is an example of what I usually meal prepare (in fact, I’m having this for lunch today and tomorrow 👌🏼) days and pair it with a snack (fruit or veggies). All of this really just takes me 15 minutes 👌🏼
✖️Black Beans (canned; rinsed and drained)
✖️1 carrot (grated)
✖️1 tbs apple cider vinegar
✖️2 tsp olive oil
✖️1 tsp oregano
✖️1/2 tsp paprika
✖️1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (optional)
1. Prepare your veggies and dressing
2. Combine and mix until well combined
70 19172 days ago
@eatbanza pasta is seriously the coolest pasta ever... it’s high protein, vegan, gluten free, and made out of CHICKPEAS!! I’ve heard a lot about it when I first started Instagram, and recently finally got to try it out and it’s not only nutritious but delicious as well 🙌🏼 plus they came out with rice... made from chickpeas... wow 😎👌🏼 definitely want to try that out soon!
Usually I go for whole grain pasta, but I love exploring my options and trying new things 😎
AVOCADO- VEGGIE PASTA
✖️ @eatbanza pasta
✖️Orange bell pepper
✖️1/8 tsp paprika
✖️1/2 tsp oregano
✖️Pinch of himalayan salt
1. Boil the pasta and drain when cooked
2. Prepare the veggies and sauce
3. Combine the cooked pasta, veggies, and sauce and mix until well combined
Valentine Potstickers with a tofu shiitake filling by @thevegansara 💛 Recipe:
For the The wrappers:
2 cups flour, 2 tsp beet powder, 3/4 cup hot, not boiling water.
5 ounce package of shiitake mushrooms, block of pressed tofu, 3 green onions & 1/4 cup water chestnuts finely chopped, 1 1/2 tbl tamari, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, grape seed oil⠀
How To Make:
1. Combine water with beet powder, whisk ⠀
2. Add flour & salt to food processor, on high, add beet water very slowly to flour. At first dough will be crumbly, then it will form a ball. Dough will be smooth and warm. Wrap in plastic. Rest 30 min⠀
3. Using a food processor, pulse mushrooms till crumbly. ⠀
4. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil over medium high heat, add mushrooms, pinch of salt. Heat till reduced 4-5 min. Let cool⠀
5. In a large mixing bowl crumble tofu then add all ingredients, including mushrooms. ⠀
6. After dough has rested.Cut dough in half (wrap up other half) sprinkle flour on your surface. Roll out dough thin, so you can see the shadow of your hand from underneath 7. Using a 3 inch circular cutter or the top of a cup press into dough to make wrappers. Take wrapper and wet edges by dipping in water, then place 2 tsp of filling in the center, fold⠀
8. The choice is yours how to fold your dumplings. I folded dumplings by using a pinch braid technique which I demonstrate in my highlights. You can also just fold your dumpling wrapper in half with the filling & seal. It will taste just as delicious & take less time!! Repeat steps 6-9 for the left over dough⠀
9. In non-stick pan or cast-iron heat 2 tbl of grape seed oil over medium high heat after about 2 min add dumplings.Cook until lightly browned at the bottom which should take 2 min⠀
10. Using the lid of your pan to protect yourself from oil splatters, add 1/2 cup water, cover with lid and cook dumplings for another 5 to 6 min over med heat Serve with a dipping sauce⠀
What I’m presently lunching 😋😋 This Salmon Cobb Salad that I #mealprep this past weekend is completely hitting the spot!
I may have mentioned a few weeks back that my nutrition goals for the year were more about incorporating more #nutrientdense foods into my diet and being more mindful of what I was putting into my body. I also wanted to be less rigid and restrictive about my idea of “healthy.” I feel like all the amazing #goodfats In this salad check ✅ those boxes perfectly! 😃
Sometimes we get very caught up in the idea of “I can’t have that” ( at least I do.) Do you do this too? Not that long ago I would have never made this salad, because of the idea that it had “too much” fat. Yeah, I’m done thinking that way. ......
Let’s do ourselves a favor....let’s start working on changing our mindset when it comes to food. Our own inner dialogue needs to be one of acceptance of the choices we make. It also needs to be one of education, and knowing what nutrition our bodies really need. Spoilers: we need fat!!!
If I decide to have a slice of my sons birthday cake later today, I’m going to enjoy it, own it, and then move forward with my plan of healthy food. .....
We don’t have to berate or beat ourselves up over something pretty small in the grand scheme of things. ....
Life is better lived when we love ourselves enough to nourish our bodies with really nutritious, delicious food AND the occasional slice of cake, too. ❤️❤️❤️
Oh, hey!! Are you getting my e-mails? Let’s get to know each other better. DM me and I can add you to my email newsletter list where you get all of my latest recipes, tips & tricks for cooking. You’ll also find out how and why I became a food blogger...you’ll be surprised to find out it’s not why you think! 😱🤫🤭
Happy Tuesday’s with Tina! 😉 Here’s a throwback video to one of my old recipes ❤️ Today I’ll be showing you a tutorial on how to make the quinoa dish from my previous post! This video will be posted on my YouTube if you want to check it out so you have an actual pause button 😅 This is such a easy, quick, and delicious meal to make for meal prepping, lunch, dinner, etc.! 💖 Hope you enjoy! ☺️
CHICKPEA VEGGIE QUINOA BOWL
✖️1/2 cup @earthlychoice quinoa
✖️1 medium garlic clove
✖️1 can of garbanzo beans
✖️Orange Bell Pepper
✖️1 tbs red wine vinegar
✖️1/4 tsp paprika
✖️1/4 tsp salt
✖️1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1. Boil your quinoa and prepare your veggies (chop chop)
2. Heat your pan with some coconut oil, and begin to sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
3. Add in and sauté the garbanzo beans, asparagus, orange bell pepper, spices, and red wine vinegar for a few minutes (2-3 min)
4. Add in and sauté the cilantro and the tomato for a minute, until all the flavors are absorbed and well combined
5. Mix the veggie mixture with your cooked quinoa. Make sure everything is well combined!
🎵 Joakim Karud- Dreams