hahaha middle school vibes // ik the quality isn’t the best, i took the pic from my laptop 😂
1 4250 minutes ago
KITCHEN + LIFE HACK COMING YOUR WAY
It’s not just about being comfortable with knife skills. HOW you work in the kitchen is also important...and I’m not just talking mise en place.
Being efficient in the kitchen helps you work smarter, not harder.
When you’re working in the kitchen and you are performing a task that has multiple steps, try breaking down each step and do it in its entirety.
1. Peel ALL onions first.
2. Make vertical slits on ALL onions
3. Turn horizontal and dice ALL onions.
Doing this makes the process FLOW faster, because you reduce cognitive load - that’s a fancy way to say that your brain turns the task into almost an AUTOMATION and you don't have to think much about it. It’s efficient because you don’t STOP and GO, stop and go.
This also applies to life in general. It's generally referred to "chunking" or “batch tasking”
1. Check all your email first, archiving next and then responding.
2. Cooking all recipes, then photographing all of them, and finally editing all of them.
3. Sorting your clothes when the laundry is done and then folding all clothes, and then putting them all away.
4. Soaping all your dirty dishes in a fluid motion and then rinsing them all one after the other.
Many people have already told me how approaching their tasks in this manner has been a game changer. It doesn’t always makes sense, so think it through and see if it works for what you are doing.
Some months ago I was invited on the popular 🇲🇹 TV show @ilsiennisa to speak about book # FORTY and communicate the meaning behind the pages and how each life tip induces thought and awareness leading to change. Thank you ladies, it was a wonderful opportunity 📖✨ •