So I decided to start over on #kitbashember I wasn't to pleased with the GC cult and went back to the servants of the White Rabbit. Here are my first 5 entries. Trooper, Heavy, Champion, Healer, and Pet. An expedition crew was abducted by a Drukhari raiding party. Expecting them to be a quick warm up fight in the pits their resilience and ability to survive took the Drukhari by surprise. Though the White Rabbits children may not offer much with their own suffering, the pain they inflict on others has been the key to their survival. #kitbash#taumechanicus#adeptusmechanicus#admech#warhammer#40k#warhammer40k
Weathering STEPS. Sorry but no photos of process on this.
1. Prime black
2. Undercoat with airbrush Vallejo dark rust
3. Apply Vallejo chipping medium with airbrush
4. Dry 1-2 hrs depending on weather etc
5. Apply abbadon black with zenithal highlight of eshin grey
6. Let dry 1 hour
7. Using wet toothpick remove top coats paint to reveal dark rust underneath
8. Seal with 3 thin coats of Mig Matt lucky varnish with airbrush
9. Apply mr sol masking fluid to fist
10. Let dry 30 mins
11. Apply averland sunset 2 thin coats
12. Apply black hazard stripes 2 thin coats
13. Let dry 1hr
14. Remove masking fluid with dry brush
15. Targeted shade with agrax earthshade
16. Scratches with thinned leadbelcher
17. Edges of some chips highlight with yriel yellow.
HOBBY SHOPPING: If you are in need of the most dwarfish of Dwarfs, then I recommend dropping by @durgin_paint_forge Durgins Paint Forge to take advantage of the Orange Friday sale. There are still plenty of cool minis in stock and you get to make a bargain that would bring a smile to the face of even the most miserly of Dwarfs 😁😁👍
1 5211 hours ago
First of my sentinels. The scheme is simple, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Can't wait to get these guys on the table!
4 8211 hours ago
Totally normal Plague Monk painted by my brother vs Scrap Stealer kitbashed/painted by me. They look like they could be part of the same force, which is exciting! Quite proud of this one!
Snakebite Warboss - AoS Megaboss conversion. His rustic hammered armour seemed a good fit for Snakebite lore. The weapon mount also means he can wield the two-handed power ax properly for some krumpin' and not drop his prized snazzgun for some gits to nick. Wot I Learned: I bought this kit for the head, which turned out to be smaller than the Ork nobs I already had. If you're into Ork kitbashing, Killa Kan kits are amazing. (The last few pictures are me testing the Pixel 3 cameras zoom/focus.) #kitbash#paintingwarhammer#inq28#orktober#pixel3xl