Not only was this post the most popular from 2018, it was the Charlie Foundation's most popular video ever! Over 60,000 people watched this video of Millicent Kelly and learned about the orgins of ketogenic therapy for medical use. Mrs. Kelly worked through her entire career and retierment teaching families, doctors and dietitans how to manage ketogenic diets to heal their loved ones and patients. We are excited to announce she will be honored at metabolichealthsummit for her role in advancing ketogenic therapies. After we shared this video, we received a flood of thank you's, well wishes and expressions of deep gratitude for Mrs. Kelly and her work. We copied each and every comment we received and sent them to her. She was deeply touched and appreciative; she is one of a kind! Link to the video is in our profile. -
Orginally posted: 3/14/2018
Today is "Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist Day" and we have a very special video to share with you!
If you or a loved one has been treated with the ketogenic diet, you have Millicent Kelly to thank for that possibility. In 1949 upon her graduation from college, she embarked on a remarkable journey where she and Dr. John Freeman at John's Hopkins would become the sole remaining practitioners of ketogenic therapies for epilepsy or any other use. She dedicated her career and a part of her retirement to educating families on how to manage diet therapy and has impacted many lives.
Her unique candor, southern charm and strong resolve are cherished by everyone who knows her. Today, Mrs. Kelly is 93 years old and doing very well! She would greatly appreciate hearing from you, please leave a comment and we will share them with her.
My breakfast this morning was delicious. Smoked pork chop cooked in butter, scrambled eggs and that beef patty looking thing is actually half a keto bun toasted and smeared in ghee. All these accompanied with my beloved bulletproof café. This was an enormous meal, but I find that this holds me over all day. I eat again when I'm hungry and mostly a warm tea mixed with protein and maybe a piece of cheese or almonds. This is day 20 of no cheats on keto and I feel accomplished. #ketoforlife#ketogenicbreakfast#weightlossjourney#slowandsteady#ketoperfection
Tips for Newbies 🤗
This chart is helpful, but I will throw in my own tips as well 😉
Daily carbs- if you want to see major results and quick, I would stick to 20 TOTAL carbs a day for the first month.
Fats- you don’t have to add globs of fat to your food, just add to taste. Remember, calories count.
Protein- don’t be afraid to eat protein.
Eat when you’re hungry not by habit (example- oh it’s 1pm, time for lunch. No! Eat when you’re hungry)
Water and electrolytes are a must!
I can’t read who this chart was created by dm for credit🤗
Tag a friend who just started or is thinking about joining the keto fam❤️ Follow @keto.weightloss.guide for more tips
Once you go cheese-crusted, there's no turning back. Jill's (@jillsmat) hearty breakfast miracle with its irresistible crust and sumptuously rich filling puts traditional omelets to shame. 🧀🍳 Link to written recipe in our profile 👉 @diet_doctor or go to
Posted @withrepost • @diet_doctor
83 291316 hours ago
Keto Steak Fajita Rolls! Another easy recipe to share! 😋💕
Discover An easy-to-follow plan and includes everything you need to be successful with the Keto diet in your first month and long term ( link in bio 👆)
2 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup green bell pepper, sliced
½ cup red bell pepper, sliced
½ cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ lb flank steak, thinly sliced
½ cup monterey jack cheese
________________ 🌀 DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Combine the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a dish, and use the mixture to season the flank steak with on both sides. Lay the steak flat on a cutting board with the grain running up and down. Place the sautéed onions and peppers in the middle of the steak, leaving an inch or so on both ends. Cover the onions and peppers with a layer of cheese.
4. Tightly roll up the meat from left to right; this will ensure that you cut against the grain when you slice the meat. Stick toothpicks through the sides of the roll to help it hold its shape and use a sharp knife to cut in between the toothpicks.
5. Return the skillet to high heat, add the steak, and sear until a nice crust has developed, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat with the other side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked to your preference.
Posted @withrepost • @ketonutritions