Thank goodness it’s Friday! With the Commonwealth Games not far away now is the time to come down and get your #jewellery cleaned or repaired before it gets too hard to move around the Coast ✨ We are open until 5 pm today and 4 pm tomorrow 😊
4 3823 hours ago
It’s been a very pleasing day doing lots of small repairs and adjustments on jewellery for family and friends. I don’t usually do this kind of repair being an arms and armour person but I have really enjoyed doing some basic soldering, fixing and adjusting broken rings and putting a couple of recently acquired antique charms on my Mama’s charm bracelet. I am a bit of a sucker for old charms, particularly those you can open or have moving parts. Tiny treasures, each representing a precious memory.
March is Repair Awareness Month! It's usually the time of year that we all start thinking about spring cleaning... so why not think about cleaning your jewellery? 🌷
Today we would like to highlight another important repair that we do in store: Earring Repairs.
Our earrings require some maintenance over time. Here are the tips that will help keep your earrings sparkling on your lobes!
1. Take a second to quickly touch your earring backing often so can feel if they are starting to get loose on the post.
2. Have your earring backings checked once a year by a jeweller.
3. Check in on your earrings after situations where earring backing could potentially catch onto something. Do you wear your earrings to bed? Do you wear scarves in the winter time?
4. If your butterfly earring backing or hoop earring is loose, a jeweller can usually tighten it.
5. If you have screwbacks, La Pousette backings, or specialty earrings that are feeling, loose have a jeweller inspect them!
6. If the earring backing keeps getting loose, it may be worn down or broken. Consider replacing it.
If you are having trouble with the earring backing you currently have, consider also changing the style of backing you have. PM us if you would like more information!
This #transformationtuesday almost lost a very special diamond! After a routine clean and check the cushion cut centre diamond was loose and desperately needed a tightening of the six claw setting 💎 We checked all the shoulder stones which also required a little #TLC and gave the ring a clean, resize and #rhodium. Now our customer can happily wear this beautiful diamond ring again with the reassurance that her diamonds are safe ✨