Wishing my weekend consisted of #jetsetting to Venice, Italy (but don’t we all).
If you’re taking a trip there anytime soon keep these tips in mind:
1. Cover up! If you plan to visit any of the beautiful cathedrals, you MUST have your knees and shoulders covered to be able to enter.
2. Take the water bus. Way cheaper than a water taxi, and a lot easier than wandering the narrow, maze-like streets when you’re lost.
3. Go on a free walking tour. These tours are great, very informative and FREE (all you have to do is tip your guide). The big differentiator between free and paid tours is that free ones usually don’t include admission to the touristy spots, so keep that in mind!
4. Take a gondola ride. Yes I’m sharing the obvious, but it’s a must.
5. Get gelato. My favorite gelateria was Venchi, which they had all over Italy. Nothing matched their decadent flavors and creamy texture.
6. Wear comfy shoes. Y’all, Venice is confusing as h*ck. If you have feet of steel, disregard this tip, but if you’re a comfort queen like I am, tennis shoes are a must (luckily, chunky dad sneakers are super in style so you’ll look #highfashion ).