Letting go is never freakin’ easy, and picking up the pieces or adjusting to a new perspective can be hard, but worth it. As 19 year old Bri had tattooed into her sleeve “The caterpillar cannot understand the butterfly.” I’m like damn, that shit is truer and truer as the years pass, we don’t know where we’re growing.
These are lessons I want to focus on and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Let go of your grudges. Release the negative energy you are carrying everywhere with you so you have the freedom to move forward. Forgive.
2. Let go of your comparisons. When you look enviously at what you think other people have, you will always be dissatisfied. Be grateful for the things you do have, as ‘the grass is always greener.’
3. Let go of ideals you no longer hold. Beliefs change, and so do ideals, objectives, and goals. You are free to change your course.
4. Let go of the idea that you don’t fit in. If you worry constantly about not being “normal” or “good enough,” you were probably raised to have those insecurities. It doesn’t make them true.
5. Let go of thinking you don’t deserve happiness. Only you can make the choice to love and respect yourself. Whoever and whatever you are, if you are living by the truth in your heart, you deserve love.
6. Let go of toxic people. Don’t let negative people continue to contribute to your inner monologue. Surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and truly want you to be happy.
7. Let go of needing others to like, accept, and understand you. Do that for yourself. Waiting on their respect or support to embrace your true nature can be a long wait for a train that doesn’t come.
8. Let go of impossible standards. You do not have to be superhuman in order to be a great person and live a happy life.
9. Let go of the idea that life must be fair to be good. But maybe you can make your little corner of it fairer, by being good, decent, and true to the people you love.
10. Let go of the need to feel like you are comfortable all of the time. You will have the ability to really grow as a person. Don’t be afraid to make other people uncomfortable either. Say what you were put on this earth to say. Liberate yourself!✌🏽
What a great post to share with your clients! ⤵️ @hairbyamybee#beautylaunchpad
Do you bring inspiration pictures to your appointments? If so, here are some things to keep in mind:
💥 Here’s what your stylist *can* determine from an inspo pic.....
1. How high up you want the brightness to start (close to the scalp or more ombré, etc.)
2. If you love cooler tones or warmer tones
3. If you want a subtle change, a huge transformation, or something in between
4. How much dimension you want.
5. *Desired* brightness (doesn’t mean your hair can get there, but it helps us know your goals.)
💥 On the flip side, here’s what we can’t do and/or what you should NOT expect from inspo pics:
1. We can’t give you the exact hair in the picture because, well, it’s not your hair. But what we CAN do is give you your own custom color, *inspired* by the picture but tailored to YOU and your specific goals that make others want YOUR gorgeous mane, not the other way around.
2. If you have dark hair and you bring your stylist a picture of a brunette with icy ends, please be aware that you will generally not get there in one session unless your hair’s in perfect condition, you have all day, & you have a deep pocket book. 🤷🏻♀️ Also, just an fyi, a lot of the pics I see like this are girls with extension work. Just something to be aware of!
💥 Here are some helpful tips on finding achievable inspo pics that won’t leave you disappointed or make your stylist grind her teeth😬
1. Find pics that you love where the person in the photo has a similar base color as yours. You’ll have a much easier time achieving your goals this way! Because as much as we’d love to, we can’t make black hair suddenly start growing as an ashy level 8 and turn you into a low maintenance ice queen in one session. We are beauticians, not magicians! 😘
2. If your stylist says your inspo pic isn’t a realistic goal for your hair for whatever reason, trust her. She wants to help, and gains nothing by telling you it’s not gonna happen unless it’s true. If she says your goal will take sessions, you’re gonna need to either be patient with that, or find a more realistic goal.
3. NO FILTERED PICTURES!
I hope this helps! 😘