Happy #monsteramonday plant babes!
I’ve been getting some requests for monstera advice lately so here is my go-to routine when it comes to caring for big Paco:
1. I have him in a 2:1:1 mixture of potting soil, perlite, and vermiculite. I have heard really good things about adding peat moss/bark to your monstera’s soil mix and I plan on giving this a try when I repot him in spring!
2. I keep him in a corner right up against a south west facing window. He seems to enjoy the hour or two of direct sunlight he gets here.
3. I RARELY water him. Seriously, he’s a gentleman, not a thirst trap and I only water him thoroughly once a month tops!
4. That being said, I only only water him with rain water and I add superthrive plant vitamin each time I water (no matter if it’s during the growing season or not)
5. I mist him (again rain water only) maybe 3-4 times a week, especially if I see that he’s putting out a new leaf.
6. Last but not least, I continuously tell him that he’s handsome.
I hope this helps answer some of your questions! And always feel free to DM me with any specifics/photos etc. I would love to help you guys out 🙃
Tropical garden inspiration. One of my favorite aspects of creating our home in Bali is working on the landscape design. As Justin drives us around day to day, I’ve been taking photos of different plants from the back of our scooter, collecting ideas. Things grow so quickly here, I can’t wait until we can start planting! Our garden is not going to be huge, but beautiful things come in small packages too. 🌱