Anyone else still jam out to this BOP?! It’s probably one of my favorite songs tbh. Possible new karaoke song maybe??🧐Train had the smash of ‘01. That’s facts. A lil throwback on #TuesTays 💫Drops Of Jupiter // @train 💫
Dream big. Work hard. Make yourself happy. 👊
RAD Girl Revolution is the perfect book to help your girls expand and build upon their dreams! Pre-order your copy today at www.radgirlrevolution.com and get a RAD Girl Revolution digital coloring book! #radgirlbook
What practice modalities allow you to travel?🏖
I wanted all the experience I could get. So before going into private practice, I worked in all settings from hospitals🏩 like Mount Sinai, franchises like Warby Parker, group practices like Lasik Vision, & bicoastal as an independent contractor. Nothing comes without compromise, but if you are interested in having flexibility with job security, consider these options:
1️⃣ Solo/private practice: work longer shifts and increase daily patient volume to work less days per week. I personally work 4 days a week with longer hours per day.
2️⃣Part-time: piece your schedule at two locations like hospital & private. This allows patient variety, job security, and set days off.
3️⃣Seasonal/Bicoastal: Some city locations are busier during different seasons. You can work summers in beach towns like LA or Miami and winters in cities like NYC.
4️⃣Hospitals: Work night shifts and extra hours in advance, or trade with other doctors to cover your shift.
What’s your work schedule like? Share with me💕
182 23545 hours ago
"In the fall of 1994, IRS records was planning to release a special collection of old Go-Go's material. Though Miles Copeland had the right to put out a boxedset of our material, the idea of him gathering our B-sides, rarities and outtakes along with the hits, without our input, upset all of us girls. Miles may of owned the songs legally, but they were our lives. We couldn't just let him open the vaults without being there. Or could we?
We talked about our options. As we saw it, we had three---- fight him and lose, ignore him, or get involved and try to add some new luster to the old gems. We chose the last, and the end result was that we decided to write and record some new songs and make our our reunion permanent. The idea of getting back together, was far fetched as it might have sounded a couple years earlier, felt strangely right. Timing is everything with this band. The five of us were having fun together. Why not?
To prepare for Return to The Valley of the Go-Go's, I listened to tons of old tapes and soaked up the memories of an era that was bright, fun and full of youthful enthusiasm. I knew not everything had been golden, but there was a spark and spirit on those tapes that was magic and couldn't ever be duplicated. In the studio, Jane and Charlotte were in reflective moods; Charlotte was pregnant and looked wonderful and Jane was mellow and mature. Since Charlotte was pregnant and close to her due date, we enlisted Vicki Peterson from The Bangles to substitute on lead guitar and she did a fantastic job. She fit right in, starting with gigs at the Coach House and the Troubadour." --- Belinda @travels_with_mrs_mason#thegogos#belindacarlisle#charlottecaffey#ginaschock#kathyvalentine#janewiedlin#80smusic#80s#iconic#gogos4rockhall#girlband#girlgroup#rocknroll#popmusic#girlpower#HERSTORY#icons#rocknrollhistory
11 3264 hours ago
5 Things I learned after a social media detox: ~
1) I’m a lot more productive! Often I read emails and WhatsApp’s but get side tracked scrolling through Instagram and forget to reply. ~
2) Not having everyone’s going ons at the touch of a button, I was encouraged to actually reach out to see how people were and what they were doing. ~
3) How much time I waste being completely mindless. The first day of no social media I actually felt disconnected from the world. Like I was forgotten or not included. FOMO. Eventually I realized I don’t need an app to be involved with the important people in my life because I have a life. A life I live in the real world where I am mindful and grateful for genuine human Physical connection. ~
4) Social media is an amazing platform to share ideas and actions.
But that is all it is - A platform, the real work is the actions you take behind the screen. ~
5) I originally decided to take a break because I was editing pictures to post and kept putting my self down saying things like ‘that picture is stupid’ ‘ I’ve done too many splits pics’ ‘ I don’t know what to write, because I don’t have anything insightful to say and people expect that of me’ ‘I’m having a tough time at the moment and have nothing positive to say’ ‘I’m a fraud’
So I shut it down. Time away has given me what I needed to just sit with myself without trying to create a media life for people to judge weather it be good or bad. And from here on out a week detox a month will be my new self care routine. Everyone is a person more than their account. I will not be taking it so seriously anymore!✌🏽