A spontaneous trip to Vancouver Island. We literally decided about 3 hours ago to catch the next ferry for a weekend getaway! ⛴Sometimes life feels good like this- just winging it with my partner in crime. 💑 Tuesday will come and it’ll be back to the grind. But for now, we’re free as a bird!
Just our crazy little family enjoying the day on the lake in Canada ❄️ #travelcanada#quebec#canadatravel#travelquebec@tourismequebec@narcityquebec@_canadatravel
Meanwhile while we were driving 15 hours on the road I read a few of interesting facts about Canada and wanted to share ones I liked the most here 🇨🇦 :
1. Canada has 6 time zones.
2. Canada is home to the longest street in the world. Yonge Street starts in Ontario and lasts almost 2,000 km.
3. A bear cub named Winnipeg was exported from Canada to the London Zoo in 1915. A little boy named Christopher Robin loved to visit Winnipeg, or Winnie for short. His love for the bear cub inspired the stories written by his father, A.A. Milne, about Winnie-the-Pooh.
4. Canada holds the record for the most gold medals ever won at the Winter Olympics, taking 14 Golds at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
5. Canada was named through a misunderstanding. When Jaques Cartier, a French explorer, came to the new world, he met with local Natives who invited them to their 'kanata' (the word for ‘village’). The party mistakenly thought the name of the country was "Kanata" or Canada.
6. Montreal is the world’s second largest French speaking city after Paris.
7. Canada is named one of the most friendliest and educated countries in the world.
8. Canada is home to the biggest population of wild bears 🐻. 9. Around 90% of Canada’s land area is uninhabited.
10. Canadians love poutine and maple 🍁 syrup and so do I😋
Morning glow on Pyramid! I wish I was able to get this reflection without using my 10-18mm lens, but the section of clear water was so small. But I still like the colours! 3/3 Shot with a #canon Rebel T6i with a 10-18mm lens.