Hi y’all! 👋🏻😊
I’ve mostly lived in a social media mystery zone, & am not usually a huge fan of overexposing personal details to the big bad internet. I generally prefer interactions of quirky humor & Care Bear Stare level kindness. (Note the photos: post wedding fist pump, Bernie dance move, & hyena level giggle of excitement... smiling is my favorite!)
It would be polite to introduce myself around here, & my British mother raised me properly! Plus I’ve been motivated by seeing other lovely content creators do the same & it looks like darn good fun. •
I’m Meeghan. Long on the E. When I was a sassy little preschooler & my name would be mispronounced as Megan, I would point at myself & make a finger gun. “Me-Gun” ... yep, sass. •
I have the most amazing husband & best friend. In the words of Jerry McGuire: @jh_creative_ “you complete me”. We’ve been married for almost 10 months & yet it feels like yesterday we had our 1st date with tiny tree drinks, hours of laughs, & Taylor Swift dance parties. Our kitten pride & joy is Burton & is “always-a-baby-in-our-eyes” 9 years old. •
I was born in Marietta, Georgia... “Mayyyyy-ret-a” if you’re local. But I grew up in North Carolina then Kansas, with summers visiting family in England & Ireland. (No my family was not part of a James Bond-like organization. Even though my 7th grade classmates were convinced that we reported back to MI6 one summer.)
I attended 10 schools through University, & lived in 7 cities. Fair to say I was always the “new kid” & shy so I struck up a connection with performing at the ripe young age of 4 & have taken part in various creative outlets since (theatre, dance, orchestra, competitive speech, motivational speaker, radio DJ, TV presenter, beauty queen, model, blogger, etc.)... Yes, I have an overachiever type of personality.
My grab bag of experience has made me who I am, but I still have plenty more to learn in life. Unsolicited advice to those searching for their place in this big wide world: try everything. Fail. Succeed. But mostly just learn & enjoy. •
Now, I would love anyone who read this novel to comment with facts on YOU!
1 12 minutes ago
IT ME. 🙋🏽♀️ You up for a little game? If so... Please allow me to introduce myself with some fun facts... aaaand one lie. Can you guess which one ISN'T the truth? #challenge
1. I was born at home, on purpose, with just Mom & Dad + a midwife + a black and white photographer (b/c video wasn't invented yet).
2. I "studied" Oceanography and English Lit at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (on Oahu).
3. I can parallel park like no one's business. It gives me an unreasonable amount of joy and pride to eek my car (or yours) within inches of the other cars.
4. I take and occasionally teach pole dance classes. I even owned my own studio (@bonbonbarre) a few years back.
5. I was Captain of my competitive #drillteam - the Tyler Golden Girls (which entailed me rocking some sweet white DT boots and the white hat with the sequin headband).
6. I feel SUPER shy when I'm in a room full of new people and have a tendency to hide in the bathroom for a minute... or ten.
7. I started Botoxing on my 40th birthday and I WILL NOT BE SHAMED DAMMIT.
8. I'm openly obsessed with my 91 year old grandmother. We've been thick as thieves, and thereby annoying most everyone else in the family, for as long as I can remember. She's kind of the greatest.
9. I lived and worked in NYC for 10 years. I don't miss it (I visit it!) BUT I do miss having four distinct seasons.
10. I left my corporate gig in October and now do PR + Social Media strategy consulting (read: producing) for badass clients here in Austin... and abroad. www.Marakata.Co (not .com!).
Ok.... sooo.... did you spot it? The lie I mean? I'm here for it and youuuu. 🙏🏽THANKY FOR THE SHOT 📸@recordsandpolaroids
We’ve been told for years that old wines are the best wines. It’s true that some wines tastes better when well- aged, but when it comes to the health aspects of wine, old wine isn’t as good as we thought! Young red wines contain greater tannin levels than any other type of wine. 🍷🥂 #winefolly
MEET THE CAST
The show has ended and we miss the cast already! After such a great performance, we had to ask our lead boy, Elliot Gantner, to share. You just saw him playing Daniel, but hes been a Hi-Liner camper since he was 4 years old. .
What is your favorite way to pass this free time between shows?
E - My favorite way to pass time is playing Pokémon and video games
What was the first show you remember seeing?
E - The first Hi-liner show I saw was Mulan. I was so small that I got scared and had to leave. .
What is a bucket-list role?
E - [It] would probably be Elder Price from the Book of Mormon
This beautiful artwork was created using welding techniques. Welding is the process of heating, melting and fusing metal or plastic permantly. This technique is well established in the resources insdusrty. What else can you imagine welding? 📸 by @kattiaa_cini. 👨🏻🎨Artist @johnlopezstudio 🐴
I love to read! I find time every single day to read! Did you know that the majority of successful people read every single day and the majority of unsuccessful people watch TV everyday?! #funfacts#feedyourbrain#knowledge#openabook
It’s been six months since we moved to NYC from California and we finally made it to the main branch of the public library in Midtown!
Fun facts about the library (for other New York newbies or curious out-of-staters):
- It was constructed on the site of an old reservoir 💦. Construction began in 1902 and involved 500 workers over the 14 years it took to complete. It was the largest marble structure attempted at the time.
- The mural on the ceiling of the central dome was painted in the wake of the Great Depression by Edward Laning 🎨. He was part of a government program to employ local artists and it depicts the “story of the recorded word,” beginning with Prometheus.
What’s your favorite NYC library? Are there others I should be sure to see? Let me know below! 👇🏻
Get to know our tutors every week with #TutorTuesday! Today's tutor spotlight is on Siena. @craftsandcalculus
12 #funfacts about Siena:
1. She can wiggle her ears.
2. She went on a pilgrimage to Poland in 2016 for World Youth Day.
3. She received a full scholarship during her final two years of college for being a woman studying #STEM.
4. She has never had a bloody nose.
5. She is the first person in her immediate family to pass #calculus on the first try.
6. She has seen Lady Gaga in concert five times.
7. She is very fascinated by the Postal Service and worked at her school’s post office for three years in college.
8. She has been #vegan since 2017.
9. She couldn’t ride a two wheel bicycle until she was ten years old.
10. She studied The Hunger Games for a semester in college.
11. She took five years of math in high school, including two APs (and didn’t think she would ever major in it!).
12. She was obsessed with the TV show Pretty Little Liars, and has a poster in her room that her sister “borrowed” from the tour they took of the set at Warner Brothers.
Siena is a #Marin native, who graduated from both St. Anselm Catholic School and Drake High. She moved on to receive her Bachelor’s Degree from Saint Mary’s College in mathematics, with a minor in women’s and gender studies. Having this unique combination of concentrations, she is very passionate about opening the door for more young women to study and pursue careers in STEM. Siena is excited to work with Sage students on building up their math confidence and working through barriers that prevent them from finding success in math. Outside of work, Siena can be found eating Marin’s delicious food, decorating her #planner, or sending mail to friends.
Learn more about our team: sageeducators.com/aboutus/
This gorgeous creature is Nahandi. She is a golden tabby tiger. She has an extremely rare color variation from a recessive gene. She is one of less than one hundred golden tabby tigers in the world 🐯 Nahandi lives in Indiana at the @WildlifeInNeed facility | 📷 @MaxStrong