• Mera Trident 🔱 •
This was a really fun mini project. I love adding props to a costume, it’s like the cherry on the cake, and this was so easy to do! I bought a Rubies kids toy trident, cut the top and bottom detail off of it, added a new broom handle with hot glue and Worbla strips to hide the seams, to add more height, I then repainted it, spraying a matte black primer coat and then dry sponges on gold to match the rest of my armour 💚💛💚
I really enjoyed creating and running around as Pink Mercy last October. I need to do a proper shoot for her, I worked too hard on her not to do so. I’m incredibly proud of the hurdles I conquered and new techniques I learned with her. In the end, that’s one of my favorite things about cosplay—I try to learn new things with every costume. 💗
Leafeon in the making for #katsucon !
I always share my tutorials on my ig story, but it’s been a minute since I’ve posted the steps on how my creations are going!
Today’s topic: Bark foam! This has been pretty poppin in the DMs as far as inquiries go! 🌿🌿🌿
To explain this, I’ll break down the process of my shoulder guard!
1. Draw paper templates and trace onto foam of your desired thiqqness. I used 4mm @tntcosplaysupply cosplay foam (which is fantastic, I highly recommend you invest if you enjoy foam work!), Foam floor mats, and thin craft foam sheets(specifically 2, 2mm sheets together). 2. Cut out said templates traced on foam.
3. Dremel dem babies dooowwwnnnn. It creates a nice curved and clean effect.
4. I contact cemented foam together to create a shape that will (eventually) appear to be bark with layers. The thin foam sheets form a base, with floor mat foam on top. The “necc guard” is tnt foam.
5. FOR BARK DEETS! I used a wood burner, simply create some swiiirrlllyysss of varying sizes to create depth and variety.
6. I primed my foam for painting with a mix of Elmer’s glue, modge podge, and water.
7. Painted it a base brown umber, with light umber for depth.
8. Seal that baby with some more modgepodge
9. MOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Applied with hot glue. And a leaf hehe.
10. Watch my steps get lazy as the tutorial goes and bam you’re done.
Thanks for tuning in! THE CON CRUNCH IS REAL AND IM P E R I S H I N G. #katsucon2019#eeveelution#cosplay#leafeon#leafeoncosplay#cosplaywip#foamsmith#katsucrunch#katsuconcosplay#pokemon#pokemoncosplay
Win a Pose Wigs Gift Card! Comment below - tell us, what are your next 1-3 cosplay plans for 2019? We want to hear all about it! 😄 For this Giveaway, you can enter up to 3 times! Once on Instagram; once on Facebook; and once through our PW Newsletter Poll! ✉️ Not signed up to receive our emails? Hop to it, because our next email goes out at 10am ET Wednesday! The email signup link is in our bio.👈
1. Comment with your next 1-3 cosplans for 2019. [[Not into cosplay? Comment with your next outfit idea that involves a Pose Wig!]]
2. Follow @posewigs
3. Prize: $10 PoseWigs.com Gift Card
Giveaway is open to all, worldwide. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
Today's feature is #OverwatchCosplayer extraordinaire @ladykitzcosplay wearing the LP113 lace front, with extra, matching sew-in wefting, also from Pose. Costume made by LadyKitz & her hubby @nospaceship 📷 Photo by @aleestudios
61 24210 hours ago
I thought the chestpiece would be the hardest to put together and would take multiple weekends/attempts, but my first ever chest (and back) pieces were done in one day! I used a base pattern from @kamuicosplay and altered it to fit me.
I should have all the pieces finished (with attachments) by next weekend. 🐉🐉🐉
Foam from @cosplay_crafts
Mortimer Mouse here to find the Keyholes 💦
Outfit, crown and shoes by me.
Keyblade was purchased and repainted by me along with the chain.
Are you guys excited for KH3? I haven't played in so long because of my disconnect from buying new consoles/console games. in general. I only recently got a Switch due to Smash but we're thinking of getting a PS4 soon 😭 It might be worth for KH.
Lowkey had fun wearing this cosplay bc of the shoes 😂 They were highkey fun to make tho 🗝 .