Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. - Wilma Rudolph.
Throwback Pic: Interhouse Sport 2017.
1 2120 hours ago
Knowledge Bomb 🤯 tune in to this #oldiebutgoodie episode now [link in profile]
With God on your side, nothing shall be impossible for you this new week. See possibilities only. Failure is not your portion in Jesus’ name. Happy new week.
Preschoolers know many things they didn't know as babies. They don't read by themselves, but if they've been read to a lot, they know a lot about reading, such as: • Books are read from front to back.
• Pictures should be right-side up.
• Reading is done from left to right.
• The language of books is different from spoken language.
• Words have different sounds in them.
• There are familiar and unfamiliar words.
• Stories have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
All of these are early literacy skills — important building blocks toward the day when they'll read by themselves. How do we at Salvation Internation School support the development of these skills? We keep reading aloud.
3 294 days ago
Our school has received much positive feedback from parents whose children used to be enrolled at Salvation International School. Here is a WhatsApp chat of what our parents are saying about their experience. We would like to say 'Thank You' to all SIS parents for believing in us.
Teaching children about exercise is just one of the many things parents should do to get children off to a good start. It goes on the list with well-child check-ups, serving healthy foods, reading together, and offering hugs, kisses, and praise liberally.
The first step is helping little ones make physical activity an everyday event, now and as they grow.
6 306 days ago
Get your nose out of your lesson plan and read your audience
Childhood is not a race to see how quickly a child can read, write and count. It is a small window of time to learn and develop at the pace that is right for each individual child. Earlier is not better. - Magda Gerber.
SIS pupils in Wow Science Class.
At Salvation International School, our goal is to build a total child. Our Wow science classes is always a time to wow the children with different experiments. The pupils learn to explore and create different things. The pupils are always looking forward to this day.
New is the year, new are the hopes, new is the resolution, new are the spirits, and new is our warm wishes just for you. Have a promising and fulfilling New Year!
2 438:06 AM Jan 1, 2019
For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. - Jer. 29:11 Amplified Bible (AMP). #SISLagosRocks
3 388:00 AM Dec 31, 2018
Compliments of the season beloved parents.
As 2018 is gradually coming to an end, we trust that the children are gearing up for the resumption of the new term/ year. We have just one more week before resumption.
Please oblige me to share some tips and lessons to learn in each process.
1. Kindly assist by getting their uniforms washed, mended and ironed or purchase of new ones where necessary. School bags and Lunch bags should be washed. Books checked and packed.
2. Let us begin to get the children into the school mood by allocating some period of time in the day to review the last term's exam scripts and any holiday work sent home.
Also, the school pattern of going to bed early should begin from next week. Lesson- Time Management.
3. Most importantly, plan for the prompt and timely payment of School Fees to enable the school plan adequately for your child and also to run the school smoothly. Do not let it get to the extent that schools are sending reminders to you about late payment. Lesson- Responsibility.
4. Discuss with your child about his/her goals and plans for the new term. Identify weak areas and ways to consolidate on areas of strengths. With the older ones let them discuss and write their goals for each subject. Understand your child's struggles and discuss ways together to overcome each challenge.
Lesson- Parental bonding.
5. Lastly, let us commit them to God that His perfect will alone will come to pass concerning them and that their teachers will be vessels in achieving this in Jesus' name. Lesson- God has their master plan.
Congratulations 🥳 in advance as we will see in the new year- 2019 by God's grace!
Lesson - Faith.
2 353:57 PM Dec 29, 2018
Every child is a different kind of flower and all together they make this world a beautiful garden.
Salvation International School's Traditional Christmas Concert event was also an opportunity to show appreciation to our staff. It takes great staff to teach a child. To every one of our staff, we say thank you all for your support, and we look forward to continuing the journey of building great minds. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention” – Oscar Wilde
4 328:39 AM Dec 26, 2018
May peace, love, and laughter surround you all this Christmas Day!!
Tjokroaminoto adalah salah satu pelopor pergerakan di indonesia dan sebagai guru para pemimpin-pemimpin besar di Indonesia. Berangkat dari pemikirannya pula yang melahirkan berbagai macam ideologi bangsa Indonesia pada saat itu. Rumahnya sempat dijadikan rumah kost para pemimpin besar untuk menimbah ilmu padanya, yaitu Semaoen, Alimin, Muso, Soekarno, Kartosuwiryo, bahkan Tan Malaka pernah berguru padanya. Ia adalah orang yang pertama kali menolak untuk tunduk pada Belanda.