It’s my BIRTHDAY! I love birthdays it’s always a time to reflect on the year that has past on things you have learned, people you have met, and experiences you’ve had. So...
Here’s five things I have learned this year:
1. Make choices that make you happy and don’t worry about what other people may think or say it’s not their life it’s yours.
2. Find friends good friends. Ones that put as much effort into being there for you as you do for them.
3. If you want something in life you are going to have to work at it everyday. It’s not going to be handed to you and it is not going to be easy but with every goal you accomplish it’s that much more rewarding because you did it yourself.
4. Don’t be afraid to say no. I struggle with this one still from time to time. I fill my plate till it’s overflowing because I don’t want to let anyone down but I’m only one person I can’t do everything for everyone and neither can you. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Stop comparing yourself to social media. I cannot stress this enough. People post perfection(say that 5 times fast!) Seriously though I am so guilty of this! We spend hours looking through post after post and wish we had someone else’s lifestyle, clothes, hair, bodies, etc. and compare ourselves and our lives to them. It’s not real they have their own issues and insecurities just like me just like you but they aren’t going to post that because that’s not what gets more likes. Be you. Be authentic and be real. You can’t stand out if you are trying to be like everyone else. You are special, beautiful, different and one of a kind. Don’t be afraid to show that to the world.
After a year of major growth I can’t wait to see what’s in store for me next!
I'm currently on my way to the mountains in this early fall snowfall. It's not common for us to get this kind of snow so soon into the year but it does leave to a beautiful fresh blanket on the mountains.
Very excited about the next week where I have a few Adventure sessions and elopement and a big beautiful wedding to enjoy this with them
I really wanted to show off this frame from Jingyang and Shenpings wedding in Lake Louise two days ago.
Can you really believe this view from the Belvedere suite at the world famous @fairmontcll? Certainly breathtaking.
It was a beautiful day and a huge shout out to @parfaitproductions who did their videography. Always my pleasure working with you two.
And to Jenni from @theprettyhaus for incredible work.
I find myself at a very interesting point of my career. I first photographed a close friends wedding 15 years ago not knowing what the future held for me, nervous, anxious, excited and unsure the path that I would follow in wedding photography.
Fast forward 15 years and I find myself here. I have three young children who are 10 and under and I see weddings so very differently than when I began. I find myself at a physical age where I am in between most of my couples and their parents. It's really quite wonderful. I can truly relate to both of these worlds for the first time and what the wedding means to both children and parents.
I have had my own wedding, and I've truly seen how hard and absolutely exhausting raising my kids is.
Sleepless nights, rushing to the hospital, answering all questions of "why", trying to explain to a 2 year as to why it's not good to blow bubbles in the toilet and holding them when they are scared at 4am.
In the future of my little ones may get married and if they do, I want them to be with amazing people and I hope I helped deliver the same person to the one they marry.
I took this photo a few years ago at Fiona and Steve's wedding near the East Coast in Australia. I've only ever looked at it in one direction and then this morning I flipped it horizontally and I saw it for the first time in a whole new way. I guess that's how I've been seeing weddings lately. #family#wanderlust#destinationwedding#bride#groom#brisbanewedding#bridalbouquets#weddingflowers#bridalstyle#australia#australiawedding#flaxton#flaxtongardens#luxurywedding#anotherwildstory#weddingdayready#chilewedding#italywedding#spainwedding#muchlove_ig#yccwedding#calgarywedding#sydneywedding
19 48111 October, 2018
Having a little fun with Ori and Marc in the Atacama desert of northern Chile.
We spent three days exploring this outstanding part of the world. Can't wait to go back to South America in the spring of 2019.
Hello from Chile! We are halfway through our trip and enjoying every minute of it. The highlight has definitely been attending the wedding of our dear friends Anthony and Magdalena in the Chilean countryside. Their wedding was such a beautiful celebration of their love. We partied all night long (literally) and I can’t wait to share more about their traditional Chilean wedding!