Saturday mornings with the toughest gang in town. This is the last bit of fun I'll have for the next few days now that I'm one week away from the Miami half marathon 🏃 final preparations are in effect for my 5th consecutive year participating and I'm looking to set a new personal record. Who else is running next weekend and what's your race goal?
Oh hey, I ran my first half marathon of the year this morning! And then immediately headed to the mountains to try out my new snowshoes (traded in and upgraded my other new ones) for a total of 17 miles today!
Mentally preparing myself. I plan to take it easy and just concentrate on finishing since it’s been awhile since I’ve ran anything over 6 miles but any runner knows it’s not easy to take it easy. There’s always a desire to push harder, to beat yourself, to know that you did what you could. So tomorrow....here’s to taking it easy but here’s to also finishing with a new PR 🖤 #3mhalfmarathon#irunthisbody#austintx#downhilltodowntown#13point1
As i sit here clean the house and fold the endless laundry I stopped and scrolled through all the pictures from our Disney trip
Seriously having some Disney post depression but feeling so blessed as in a couple of weeks we are off to another adventure. This new adventure is an all paid trip I earned by staying in shape, and helping so many ladies do the same
I sometimes can't believe when people judge me for doing what I do and not considering this a genuine way of earning an income and helping others.
Personally, this side gig is what has given the chance to meet some amazing ladies who get me, has helped me lose over 45lbs and be in the best shape of my life, it has been the vehicle to help so many and take my family on some amazing trips ▪▪
So next time someone judges you or tells you that whatever you are doing wont work dont listen to them they are expressing their own insecurities. You do you!
Now to continue unpacking and folding that danm laundry but counting down to our tropical getaway
I run because it allows me to set my mind free. Nothing seems impossible or unattainable. If you are a runner, you know that it has changed your life. It is not just an activity or exercise, it is a way of life.
Running has a tremendous amount of benefits, as it increases endurance, builds muscle, promotes cardiovascular health, and even improves your mood. Benefits include :
1. Relieves Stress. Who said you cannot run away from your problems!? Running boosts the brain’s serotonin levels, which makes you feel more relaxed. SO, If you are ever feeling stressed out, lace up your running shoes and take them for a spin. In some studies, running may work as well as a medication to relieve anxiety.
2. Overall Mental Health. Runners tend to be happy people, as the exercise releases endorphins to the brain. Endorphins act as a natural “drug” that makes a person more awake and… HAPPIER! When the endorphins kick in….. it is known as a “Runner’s High”. And let me tell you…. it is the BEST feeling in the world. The lifestyle decreases symptoms of depression, improves learning abilities, sharpens memory, protects the brain from aging, helps with sleep, alleviates anxiety, and boosts self esteem.
3. Strengthens Your Lungs. Running increases lung capacity, as your muscles will require less oxygen to move and they will produce less carbon dioxide. This will reduce the amount of air needed to breathe in and out for a given exercise.
4. Helps Prevent High Blood Pressure. Running improves your circulation and strengthens your heart. A stronger heart can pump more blood with less effort controlling blood pressure.
5. Physically Stronger. Running increases the strength of your ligaments and tendons.
6. Increased Bone Density. This is because running tends to pull on the bone. The stress makes the bones stronger.
Taken from Colorbandcreative.com
1:57:49!! 😱FIRST SUB-2 HALF MARATHON! 🎉(down from PR of 2:04:06!)
I literally cannot believe this happened today. I mean I hoped, dreamed, and believed I was strong enough for a PR...but I honestly thought I was going to come in around 2:02. I’ve worked so hard for this, but it means even more to me after the hardships I faced the last half of 2018. If you’re currently facing an injury or going through a personal struggle, know that your day will come and it will be even sweeter!! Ugly crying at the finish line, on the bus, and probably later today lol. SO unbelievably happy! Disney truly is MAGICAL! 💗
Thank you #rundisney for putting on an amazing race! This is a day I will never forget!
Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages. Especially my mom and husband (LOVE YOU) and run bestie @mainerungirl who has been so supportive (and told me before the 5k that I was going to sub-2 the half). They believed in me when I didn’t even think I was there yet! 💕
I don’t know what else to say but I’m so thrilled!! Going to the parks to celebrate! 😁🎉🙌
W1D5 of Boston training: Overcast, windy and drizzly recovery run. I randomly got a cramp in my right soleus muscle and had to stop and roll it out just after mile 3 before I could continue! This afternoon I’ll get in some core work + yoga when I get done with all my/work. ➰➰
I gotta do a shoutout to the Strong Finish athletes that are racing this weekend! Tomorrow we have the Jacksonville Marathon with @kennloew running the full and @bls0921 running the half! There's a 43.6 mile Growler Team Relay and @running_on_rainbows and @the_wellread_runner will be participating taking legs totaling about 10 miles each. Also, local athletes @runnergirl_1972 - @allisonekort and @princi101runs are running the Mount Dora half on Sunday! Fall racing season is almost complete and we head into spring 2019 with lots of goals and PR's to chase!💙💙💙TGIF!